Execution

Alex's POV

I looked around, still slightly confused as to why Maggie had set out a birthday for me instead of telling me how we were going to escape. She sat down, putting the dinner plate in front of me and smiling.

"So, are you going to tell me your plan?" She didn't answer for a while. I had almost finished my meal and she had completely finished before she actually started to explain.

"Oh, right. The plan is to" She let me wait as if we were in a movie and the title card had just played. "Do nothing. For now at least."

"What? Why?" I took another mouthful of cottage pie, nodding intently while she explained.

"Because Kara and J'onn are going to fly in and save the day. I messaged J'onn, he is fine with taking the risk. Kara still doesn't have her powers but she will be behind the scenes making sure everything goes smoothly." She grabbed our plates and took them to the sink. I got up and followed her, leaning against the kitchen bench.

"When is this all happening?"

"Tomorrow night. You will leave the apartment at six o'clock pm. I will leave thirty minutes after that. We will both meet J'onn at the fountain and he will take us straight to Kara's apartment, although, he will be going back for me when he drops you off."

"Why am I going first?"

"Because I made the plans and I want you to be safe. I am fine with getting caught and having to stay here until the quarantine is over but you need to go help your little sister."

"Thank you." I kissed her and put my forehead to hers. "I knew there was a reason I loved you."

"Alex? It's execution time," Maggie said, helping me grab my few things and she gave me a long kiss as I reached the door.

"Be careful."

"It's only an hour at most that we will be apart."

"What if you get stuck here?"

"Then we will see each other soon anyway."

"I'm scared. I can't lose you!" I pulled her in for a hug and cried as she slowly pushed me away.

"Just go with J'onn, he is probably already waiting for you." I nodded as she led me out the door and kissed me goodbye. I sighed and headed for the fountain where a tall black man stood, staring at the fountain. I ran to him and wrapped my arms around him. He giggled and pulled me in closer. I felt myself lift up off the ground and in twenty minutes of terrible flying, I was sitting in a chair in the DEO.

"Alex?" Kara ran to me, I stood and struggled to maintain balance as she grabbed me and swung me around. "You got out!" She yelled, once again hugging me and nearly crushing me.

"Yes, did you get your powers back?"

"No, but they'll be back soon, right?" She frowned and then put on that infamous fake smile.

"I'm not sure, sis. How long has it been?" I watched her expression drop yet again, a tear emerging from her eye. "It's okay, you don't have to tell me." I wiped the tear from her eye.

"Can we not talk about this? You are back and... there's Maggie." She pointed behind me and when I turned around, I saw my wife running towards me. 

Kara's POV

Alex was finally home and I could tell her everything that has happened. The thing is, I didn't want to. Talking about Lena seemed like something I could never do, even if it was just explaining our breakup. I wanted so bad to just jump out the window and go for a fly. I craved that feeling of the wind against my face and the sound of my cape flowing in the breeze.

"Keira? You zoned out. Are you okay?" I was pulled back onto the couch on my boss's balcony with Cat Grant giving me a very concerned look.

"Yes, Miss Grant. I was just..."

"Thinking about flying? I could see it written all over your face." I hated that I told Cat that I was Supergirl. Ever since I told her, she has been all like 'I already knew' and 'You could have told me sooner'. It was nice to have her to talk to though, I talk to her about Supergirl like I used to with Lena. "I thought I told you to call me Cat from now on."

"Sorry Miss Grant... I mean Cat," I giggled. She laughed and poured more wine.

"So, I take it your powers haven't come back? You still don't know the cause do you?"

"No and no. It's like my powers are gone forever, never to be seen again." She must have seen the look on my face when we both heard a bloodcurdling scream from a few buildings over.

"You want so badly to save whoever that is. I get it. But you can't save everyone, Kara."

"I know. There was this little boy a while ago and I saved his father before I saved him. He ended up wanting revenge and he nearly killed Alex as a way of making my life miserable."

"I remember something being on the news about 'Supergirl getting kidnapped by a vengeful father'."

"That would be the one." I suddenly got an idea. "I know what happened to my powers!" I got up and ran out, calling Alex on my way out the door.