'Introduce the Extraterrestrial'...

"What the heck is that..." Dedrick said; speaking for all of us who were thinking the same thing.

'So that's where it came from...'

____________________________

Staring up at the floating- digital screen that held the image of such an odd looking and mysterious creature...

"What the..." -Desi

"Abnormal mutation?" - Dedrick

"Cricket- Have you ever seen such a thing?!" Desi said nodding up and over at Cricket.

Cricket looked back at her and shook his head violently being just as shocked as we were.

"It's obviously something that doesn't belong here- it deserves to be executed until extinction!" -Braun said; of course being all macho and hostile towards anything that he didn't see as 'normal' or understand.

My head shot over towards him instinctively.

"Just because it's something that's different from you and that you don't understand BRAUN- doesn't mean that it deserves to die. Everything deserves a chance at life- until proven otherwise." I said sternly and stoic.

While staring back at him, I walked up to the screen until I was directly below/before it; now standing ahead of everyone else.

Desi, Cricket, and Dedrick, looked at each other in surprise being brought back by my words. Except Braun of course who was more enraged and put off by my statement.

I wasn't exactly the understanding type or the 'compassionate' one in the group when it came to such things or people for that matter. None of us were.

I was known as the bold and aggressive member of the group, being the assault specialist and all, so it was kind of a set back to the others to hear such a statement come out of my mouth.

But they didn't know how much I changed since I left and that I was a different person than who I was 6 years ago, when I was still part of the team.

I certainly didn't become more compassionate, in fact I became more- if not completely numb to emotion and feeling, but I was still human. I was more realistic and rational on all matters.

I didn't notice everyone's eyes staring at me because I was too fixated on the image before me; examining it even further on screen.

"Well this one... Unfortunately didn't get that chance that you spoke of." -Dr burke said referring back to my statement; stepping up slightly along side the others.

"So where'd it come from?" - Dedrick

"What is it?" - Desi

"And more importantly, is there more-" -Braun

"-And if their even hostile..." -Dedrick stated; eyeballing Braun.

"Are you kidding me?! Look at that thing- Does that look like something that doesn't live to just kill?!" - Braun retorted.

"Look at us Braun and look at what we do for a living." I said mindlessly; still staring up at the screen with my arms crossed.

As the others looked ahead at me and then looked back at each other. Especially at Braun who was cut off by my truth. You could feel the silent but dark reality between us.

"Speaking of which- What happened to its head?" -Desi said pointing up at the screen; trying to change the subject and lighten the mood.

The figure on the screen was laying on a metal table stripped down, but was still covered by a white sheet to keep its private area hidden.