Chapter 3. Lacey

"Bina... I told you everything there was to know." "Why can't you trust me ?" " I love you and I want you to know I love you, but you can't do anything right now - we can't do anything right now ." "You can't storm through the office calling my name like that." Adam ... you say that ... but .. how do I know. How do I know your not lying to me? Huh? I asked for an answer and right now your not doing anything but dancing around it. I'm going to ask again. Adam .. what did Lacey mean when she said.... prey.?.
"After all I told you." Adam fine that's it. I gave you a chance ..... I gave you chance to tell me. I'm done Adam if you won't then she will. "Bina." No Adam , I'm going to. "Bina , stop !" "I'll tell you, I'm not who you think I am." "Before I came here , I ... I um changed." Changed ? What do mean changed ? .........
I wake up the next morning and the things Adam told me . I couldn't believe. Part of me knew and part of me was shocked . For some reason I love him even more . I try to stop thinking and also take my mind off things . So I go to make me breakfast and hear a loud knock . Lacey? What are you doing here ?... can you leave I'm not letting you in!! "I can ... but why would I ." As I try to close my door her foot blocks it from closing . She pushes the door open and pushes me down . She slams my door and locks it this time. I didn't care because i was so scared I tried running and it worked. I was behind the kitchen counter and she was on the other side of the counter. I thought to myself ... no ... she took Adam , she's drugged me and tried to kill me before , there's no reason you should be scared anymore . Face her like a woman . So I did . "Bina ..... there's no hiding you know ." I'm not hiding , and I'm not running ....anymore ... what can you do to me that Adam can't . Yeah I know .... and you don't bother me anymore , and I'll kill you before you can kill me . So if this what it come to then so be it. She runs at me and I tripped on the corner of the counter I grabbed a knife as I fell. She swings me around and I stare at her ... her face transforms into an ugly monster face .... I was terrified. To save my self I stabbed her in the chest before she could bite me . As the warm thick blood dripped in my mouth I could see her ... she grasped for air and then fell. I had multiple thoughts running through mind I couldn't think straight . I finally made it to a phone and called Adam . Yeah ... he'll know what to do....right ? I told Adam to come over so we can talk . As he arrives in my drive way I meet him on the steps . I tell him I need to speak to him . "Are we okay , Bina?" He asks me . Uh-huh , I guess . I need your help with something , promise me you won't get mad it was self defense . I swear , I didn't mean to I got scared . It all happened so quick and I didn't .... I didn't know what to do I was upset and scared --"Bina , stop , what are you talking about ?" He follows me into my house ....I stopped him at the doorway of the kitchen . Adam ... I'm so sorry . He pushes me aside and follows the trail where the blood is . "Bina !!!" "What did you do ?" He screams at me . "God .... Bina ..... How could you she was my fiancé I'm supposed to get married to her." If you loved her so much .. then why .... why would you kiss me and show me so much passion and passionate affection it just isn't right ? "Bina don't you dare !!" He grabs me the neck and throws me on the counter. He starts choking me and I kept feeling myself grasps for air ... then finially he stops . We looked at each other eye to eye . "I'm sorry , I just ... I just want you to be safe ... and look .. we're going to get through this okay ." He leans forward and kisses me . He picks me up and takes me to my bedroom . There the night longs on and on passionately and lovely .
It's the morning and me and Adam need to get to work . First we find a nice place to burry the body so it won't get found by the police . Then we clean up any stains . We made Adam and Lacey's house look like Lacey left and never wanted to come back . Which was great because when the police asked questions about Lacey to Adam , Adam said she left and never wanted to come back . The missing Lacey story was done and after that it was never brought up again . Later that evening Adam and I thought it would be a great thing to stay inside and don't leave. I'm sorry I brought this chaos into your life Adam. "No, you didn't bring anything into my life it was already there ..... you made it better ... and I....I love you for that Bina." Really? "Yes." "Bina...." yes Adam? "I don't ever want to live without you." "I love you too much to let you go and ..... and I wish we could ..... somehow ..." yes Adam? " I don't know ...." it's okay you can talk to me . Adam said nothing in response . Instead he picked me up and kissed me . He kissed me on my neck . He kissed me on my lips. Then he stopped and looked at me ..... more so of stared at me . Yes , Adam ? He said no response again . I knew he had something on his mind he just didn't want to tell me . Adam is everything--" Bina , will you marry me ?"