"Right Through" (Sirius)

It was a normal day. A stressful, somehow boring day. You had woken up to your alarm, dressed your children for school, waved them off to the Muggle bus stop, and donned your robes. Your husband would be away for a few more days. He worked at a Muggle bank and was in Hong Kong on business. 

Yes, you the perfect Slytherin had married a Muggle. 

What could you say? He stole your heart ten years ago, and you were married six months later. Your first son, Leo, had been born a year later, and your second, Augustus, came another year after that. 

Your life seemed to be agonizingly slow, but deliriously fast. Just yesterday, your children were being sent off to their first year of school. You were happy in a quietly predictable kind of way.

Your years at Hogwarts had been quite the opposite. Now that you were somewhat separated from the Magical world, life was quite different. Perhaps not in a good way. Sometimes you wondered what your life would be like if Sirius hadn't left. 

Sirius Black was always someone to chase after what he couldn't have. He was reckless, and you were the Prefect, the Quidditch Captain, the Head Girl. Your romance was secret at first, but Sirius was never able to keep a secret. You dated openly for six years, until a few years after Hogwarts. 

One day he had disappeared, and the next, his face was in the newspapers. He was a mass murderer. You had known him for what seemed like your entire life, and in no way could you ever see him as a killer. 

You shook your head after allowing your thoughts to wander. It would be time to get to your job at the Ministry soon. 

You were brewing a pot of coffee, checking the time every few minutes, when a knock echoed through your silent house. 

You heaved a sigh, swinging open the door, wondering who in the world would be ruining your morning routine. 

It was, undoubtedly, Sirius Black. He was older, but so were you. His hair was long and shaggy, and his skin was gaunt and hollow. Of course, he had been in Azkaban. 

You weren't sure what to say. 

But then, you did. 

"Why did you leave me?" 

He didn't know quite what to say. It wasn't really his choice, anyway. 

"It's been years."

He took a step down from your porch, realizing that it had been a bad idea to find you. He could see your wedding ring. He wasn't a fool. Of course you would be married, with your looks. 

"I'm sorry, I should-"

"That's right. I can't just accept the fact that you showed up on my doorstep to give me an apology. You're too late. I have a family now. I can't let you pull me into your problems." 

Again, Sirius Black wasn't a fool. He turned and fled back down the steps, completely regretting that he believed that after so many years that the woman he still loved would have waited for him. 

You had a sudden urge to call him back, but you repressed it. What could you possibly say? Things could never be the way that they were before. 

You were older, and so was he, and your love just wasn't meant to be. 

.......

i've been wanting to write smut or something even close but honestly i have no ideas and i literally can't write anything but this short stupid sad garbage. rip me, lol. 

thank you. thank you so much for reading, i'm always here for you. 

question. who's your favorite character to read imagines for? (respond by commenting!) 

answer. teddy lupin.