8. Nothing Good Starts...

Author's note: I'm back! Thank you guys so much for all your comments, they really helped me finish this chapter. Enjoy!

The year Taylor turned seventeen was one of the most hectic periods of her life.

After months of silence from every record company she had contacted, and after weeks of discussions with her mother, they made the surprisingly easy decision to move to Nashville. As much as she would miss her childhood home, Taylor was thrilled. She knew this was the right choice.

The hardest thing of course, was saying goodbye to Abigail. In the months prior to the move, most of her time was spent with her best friend, their inevitable goodbye weighing heavily on their shoulders.

The night before the move, she and Abigail had one final sleepover. And after a morning of endless hugs, tears, and promises to call as often as possible, Taylor climbed into the car, Andrea already waiting to drive them to the airport.

As she clutched Dee to her chest, her old cat purring contentedly, Taylor stared out the back window, watching Abigail and her house slowly fade away.

--------------------------------------------

"So, how's Nashville treating you? Any luck?"

"Maybe," Taylor said into the phone. "I was playing at this cafe yesterday. This dude called Scott seemed pretty interested. I think he's starting his own record company or something. He said he'd get in touch in a few days."

"That's awesome!"

"Yeah!" Taylor frowned as she heard the sound of a car door over the phone. "Wait, are you in a car?"

"Uh, yeah. Just going out with Dad for a bit. Keep talking."

"Okay... Anyway, Mom really feels good about this one, so that's a good sign." Taylor was interrupted by a loud knock at the front door.

"Taylor? Can you get that?" Andrea yelled.

"Sure Mom! Abby can you hold on for a sec?" Taylor raced down the stairs. Skidding to a stop, she opened the front door.

And promptly dropped her phone.

"Miss me?" Abigail grinned, suitcase in hand. Taylor shrieked, jumping forward to hug the redhead, almost overbalancing them both.

"Oh my god! What are you doing here?"

"Abby and her family are moving to Nashville," Andrea answered, leaning against the doorway.

"What?! Mom you knew about this?"

"I did," Andrea smiled. "Though it was her idea to keep it a secret," she said, nodding towards Abigail.

"You're moving here with me and you didn't say anything?" Taylor squeaked.

"Yep!" Abigail said proudly. "We all missed you two."

"God, I hate you so much right now." Taylor gently hit Abigail's arm. "You're never allowed to keep secrets again, understand?"

"Yeah, sure. Now are you going to invite me inside or what? I want to see my room."

"Your room?" Andrea chuckled.

"My room, Taylor's room, same thing."

--------------------------------------------

Scott kept his promise.

Within the span of a few weeks, Taylor had her record deal. And soon enough, she had her first album. And it did better than she dared hope.