13. You Are In Love

Author's note: I would lose my lesbian credentials if I didn't post this during pride month. 

Warm sunlight filtered through the window of the lofty apartment, draping over the two figures nestled in bed. The room was cluttered, canvases and half-empty tubes of paint covering every surface. A soft rustle was heard as a head poked up from among the sheets, glancing blearily around the room.

Taylor let out a yawn, head falling back against the pillow. Feeling someone stir beside her, she rolled over, smiling at the sight of her sleeping girlfriend.

Karlie's arm was sprawled across her face, mouth hanging open as soft snores escaped her lips. Her other arm was outstretched, hands reaching for Taylor even in her sleep.

Moving slowly, Taylor gently intertwined their fingers. She loved Karlie's hands; what they could do, what they could create, the way they danced across her skin at night. Even now, as Taylor turned Karlie's hands in her own, she marvelled at the flecks of colour that ran in constellations across the skin, paint still buried in the grooves and fissures of her nails and fingers.

Karlie stirred again, causing her to look up. Glancing at the clock, her eyes widened as she looked at the time.

"Karlie," she gently shook her wife's shoulder. "Karlie, wake up."

Karlie groaned, rolling over and burying herself deeper into the covers. Taylor smiled, wiggling closer and wrapping her arms around Karlie's waist.

"Karlie it's morning," she said, kissing her shoulder.

"No," Karlie mumbled. "Sleep."

Taylor laughed at her antics. Before she could try a different tactic, Karlie flipped herself over, pinning Taylor to the bed with her body.

"Karlie!" Taylor protested from underneath her.

"Nooooooo," Karlie groaned, face pressed into Taylor's neck. "Sleep."

"Karlie." Taylor said sternly.

"Sleeeeeeeep," Karlie's fingers began ticking Taylor's sides, causing her to erupt into laughter.

"Karlie! Stop!" she gasped. As Karlie's fingers hit a particularly ticklish spot, Taylor let out an ungraceful snort. Karlie's head snapped up at the sound, green eyes wide. Taylor slapped a hand over her mouth.

Then both girls collapsed in a tangle of limbs and giggles, wide awake.

"Karlie, we need to get up," Taylor gently pressed a kiss to her girlfriend's shoulder.

"No we don't," Karlie mumbled, head resting against Taylor's chest, eyes drooping closed again.

"Your exhibition starts in a few hours."

Karlie's eyes snapped open, flicking to the clock. "Oh man, we really slept in, didn't we?"

"Sure did," Taylor said happily.

Karlie hummed, stretching her arms over her head. As the sheets slipped down her body, Taylor let her eyes roam appreciatively over her girlfriend's form, still naked from the previous night's activities.

"Like what you see?" Karlie smirked.

"Mmm hmm," Taylor rolled on top of the taller girl, chests pressed together. "Last night was fun," she smiled down at Karlie.