and all the pieces fall (right into place)

Hello, it is I! I'm on semester break which means I get to do all kinds of crazy stuff, like writing 2000 words of fanfic in one sitting. I started this one-shot more than three months ago and I finally finished it! Woo hoo!

Anyway, this is for the Tumblr anon(s) who asked for a friends with benefits one-shot. This is basically 2013 Kaylor meets Delicate meets So It Goes... meets a fwb plot, so enjoy. There are like 300 song references in here and some are more obvious than others, I dare you to find them all.

I'm honestly not sure if this sucks or not but I've spent so much time looking at this today that I can't get myself to go over it again. As always, thank you for reading! Oh p.s. the update for The Sheriff will be ready in a few days.

Nikki

---

November 13, 2013

Many good stories started with just the right amount of alcohol. This one was no exception, because Taylor would never have invited Karlie over if she hadn't been a little drunk.

It was a few minutes after midnight when they entered Taylor's apartment. Karlie knocked over a plant, cursed, laughed, bit her lip, sat down on the sofa. It didn't really matter what she did; Taylor was enthralled by every move and sound. She should've known she was screwed back then.

Karlie's eyes were so green that it made you wonder if they were real. Taylor spent so much time gazing into them that it shouldn't have caught her off guard when Karlie leaned in to kiss her. But it did, because they just met, and Taylor didn't even do one-night-stands. She could count her sexual partners on one hand and they were all people she'd been in serious relationships with. She wasn't a meaningless sex person. And that's what she would have told Karlie if she hadn't been drunk and if Karlie's lips hadn't felt amazing on her skin. That first time, it was hurried and fervent and dirty. Taylor vaguely remembered ripping Karlie's blouse off and throwing it on the floor—she had never done something like that. It was hot, very hot, and Karlie's scent was everywhere. After a while, it felt like she was breathing Karlie's skin instead of oxygen. And it felt good. And it tasted like more.

And when Taylor woke up the next morning, Karlie was gone.

----

November 18, 2013

i had fun the other night. any chance we might be doing that again some time?

Taylor had been staring at this text for ten minutes. There were a lot of things wrong with it. For instance, it was sent by an unknown number and it wasn't signed, so it could be anyone. Secondly, 'the other night' could be any night between yesterday and like two months ago, so that didn't narrow it down either. Thirdly, 'any chance we might be doing that again'? Doing what again? Hooking up again? Or just seeing each other again? How was Taylor supposed to know what the sender meant by that? Fourthly, if it was Karlie, she had annoying typing habits—no capital letters at the start of sentences and not even the 'i' was capitalized. And lastly, if it was Karlie, why the hell had it taken her five days to contact her? Why had she contacted her at all? Wasn't the whole point of a one-night stand that it only happened once?

Taylor considered asking Selena for advice, but she wasn't ready for her friend's judgmental comments yet. So after a long period of thinking, typing, deleting, and typing again, she sent: I'm sorry, who's this?

Her mind was racing and she didn't even know why. The texter probably wasn't Karlie, and even if it was, she didn't even know Karlie. They had talked for ten minutes, tops. And okay, maybe they'd done way more intimate stuff for way longer than that, but that still didn't make Karlie anything more than an acquaintance.