Chapter 1 - Happy Birthday.

(Lila's POV)

     To understand my life is to know the pain I've experienced, every day in this horrendous house is a reminder that I'm not good enough. I wasn't good enough for my own mother, the person who is supposed to love me unconditionally and protect me from all the wicked in this world, she left me to fend for myself against that monster.

She sealed my fate when she ran with my brother, sentencing me to an eternity of hell. I remember bits and pieces of her, she was blonde with these haunting green eyes. Most of my memories of her include the monster, my father. He was once the best father my brother and I could have had until he found his beloved wife in their bed with another man. 

(Flashback)

           "DADDY!!!" My arms outstretched addressing that I wanted to be held, picking me up he showered my face with kisses and holds me with one arm. With his other hand reveals a bouquet of sunflowers, my favorite, "Happy Birthday Princess."  He hugs me tight and hands me the flowers, "Go get a vase for your mom to put the flowers in so they can drink some water okay?" He explained to me, following his orders I rush to the cabinet to find a vase and begin to fill it with water. My father walks up the steps towards the room, following far behind him I carry the vase up the steps. 

          "What the fuck!!!!"  My father drops everything in his hands I rush to see what the problem is and  I see my mom in bed with another man. Dropping the vase, the water splashes everywhere, and shards of glass litter the floor. My dad rushes at mommy and the man, beginning to hit the man as mommy tries to stop him, daddy hits mommy in the face.

"Daddy!!!! Please stop!!" tears stream down my face.

(Flashback Over)

        "LILA!! COME DOWN HERE NOW!!" the yells of the monster breaks me out of my memory, with one last look in the mirror I release a sigh and head downstairs to the living room which occupies the sperm donor (SD)

     "Yes, father." Keeping my eyes glued to the floor as I approach him, "Look at me." He demands, his blue eyes stare coldly into mine he smiles sadistically and speaks,

  "Happy Birthday Princess." realization hits me that today is my birthday and I cringe, I loathe this day February 20th. The blue-eyed monster is the worse on this day every year since I was 10, my mother left when I was 5 but the monster didn't come out till I was 10. 

  A hard slap weighs my face to the left, "You are just like her, you have her eyes, her hair, her face." He looks at me with pure hatred and continues to punch me everywhere until I am on the ground struggling to breathe and begin to cough up blood. 

"Daddy, please stop..." Tears stream down my face, why do I deserve this. The punches only increase in number and strength, they litter my body and cause me to lose consciousness.

(8 Hours Later)

       Waking up, I look around and recognize my grey walls sighing I am thankful to be in my room. Trying to stand I feel a tear in my stomach and fall back to the ground, bad idea. Slowly again I succeed in standing but only with the help of the wall, I limp to my restroom and look in the mirror to only see the reflection of a girl who looks unrecognizable with the blood and bruises that have littered my face. 

Letting the tears fall I look away, no longer able to look at myself anymore. Getting a washcloth and running it under warm water, I slowly begin to clean off the dried blood that covers my face and body. After that is complete I take out my needle and medical thread and start to sew my broken skin back together. Finally, I run some hot water in the bathtub, then reach into the blue basket at the bottom of my sink to pull out my razors.

Stepping into the searing hot water with my clothes still intact, I hiss with the pain that I inflict on myself. I am worthless, I don't deserve to live anymore. The lines become deeper then I have ever attempted before. Just as I had gained consciousness, I begin to lose it. The bathroom door starts to shake violently and shouts flow through the door. Looking at the ceiling I close my eyes, preparing for death to overcome me. 

____________________________________________________________________

A/N Hey you guys, I really hoped you enjoyed the first chapter!! This is the reconstructed version of my original story, which was poorly written.