London

"Just...a little harder...Pull it! I'll push down..ugh, come ON...*zzzzzzip* Okay, there. I think that's it." Marina and I sit exhausted on my bed after trying to close my monstrosity of a suitcase.

"Jesus, why did you pack so much shit? I don't even think you're going to be able to fit that in the overhead storage," she tells me.

"Hey, if we're going to be in London for a week, I want to be prepared! Plus it doesn't help that I packed like, forty pairs of underwear."

"That definitely isn't it, you just overpacked. Not like those neon scraps of cloth you call panties take up much room anyway!" she teases.

"Oh will you shut up?" I retort. "And don't say that word, I hate the way it sounds," I wrinkle my nose at her choice of language.

"What, panties? Panties, panties, PANTIES!" she yells.

"You guys are making me uncomfortable!" I hear my dad yell from the living room.

"You have probably said every bad or dirty word under the sun and you don't like the way 'panties' sounds? You're so weird."

"Shut up," I tell her for what feels like the millionth time that day. "When is Liam coming anyway? I'm way too excited to leave, I've had nervous pee, like, all day."

"Gross. And he texted me just now, his mom is driving him in his car so she can drop us all off at the airport." Despite her aversion to the mention of how nervous I've been the last 24 hours, her eyes light up at the sound of her boyfriend's name. Yuck.

They met back when he transferred to South High the second semester of our our junior year. He'd just moved from London and she swooned at the sight of him when he walked into our English class. I actually heard her stop breathing.

"Holy shit!" she hissed. "Who is that and why is he here because I have NEVER seen him before in my life and who the hell is that?!"

"Uhm... I don't know, Marina. He just walked in the room two seconds ago."

On cue, our teacher stood up to introduce him.

"Class, this is Liam Payne. He just moved here from London, you know, that place over the pond?" He squinted his eyes at the class. "Payne, you can take a seat over there across the row from Serna. Some sorry kid--I mean, a student-- just transferred out." He jerked his thumb in the general direction of the next cluster of seats next to her.

She turned to me with the biggest eyes I have ever seen on a human being.

"Oh my God this is not happening what do I do oh my God he smells like heaven and he is sitting next to me I cannot even handle this right now switch me spots because I'm going to die," she rambled without taking a breath.

"Uhm, excuse me?" he leaned over to get her attention.

She turned to him so slowly it was like she couldn't move any of her muscles, so she kind of scooted her whole body around to face him.

"Uh....Yeah?" She responded with more confidence than she felt, I'm sure.

"Do you happen to have a pencil I could borrow? I seemed to have packed everything except that," he asked politely.

"Yeah, sure! Here you go. Go ahead and keep that one, I have plenty!" Just like that, her sweet charm kicked in and despite her heated cheeks, she kept her composure for the rest of class.

Right up until she realized he would be in the same choir the next period.

*OH MY LORD HE CAN SING*

*he is in choir with me this very second*

*that's it*

*I'm dropping out of school because I am never going to learn with him here*