Running

The cold stare from her dead black eyes isn't what made me freeze , it was the gun . Aimed right in the middle of my chest .

"Please don't do this just let me go and I'll never tell anybody about what happened " I️ tried .

" I️ don't see what's so special about you " she scoffed .

I️ stared at her in confusion trying to figure out what she meant . She rose from her position against the tree still aiming the gun towards me. She looked totally different from when she was bringing me clothes and food in that hell-hole but I️ knew it was the same girl. Gone was her shy and scary demeanor, this girl standing before me was confident , aggressive and from the looks of pissed off at me . I️ don't understand what I️ could have done too her , I'm the one who was kidnapped and raped and mutilated !  I️ should be the one angry and pointing the gun . Although I️ was getting angry I️ made no sudden moves . I️ had to talk her out of this I️ just had too .

" Joe is dead because of you and we had to leave the only home we had because for some reason when it comes to you Brian just can't think straight ! We are going to have to spend the rest of our lives running because of you ! " she seethed.
I️ quickly took a step back regretting it as my aching legs quivered and crumbled beneath me . As sickening reminder of the despicable actions that took place while I️ was unconscious. I️ looked up to see her coming towards me her face twisted in hatred .

" I've been Joe's precious Evelyn for 6 years praying and waiting for another girl to come take my place so I️ could finally be free . So I️ could finally share my heart with the man I️ truly love . Just for you to come along and shatter my dreams ! I've been through to much for it to end like this ! To spend the rest of my life running while Brian holds on to some plaything !"

" Listen please just let me go , Joe is dead he can't hurt us anymore . You don't have to be his and I️ don't have to be Brian's. All you have to do is kill him and we can run until find the road and flag down somebody . We can both be free , we don't deserves this . Nobody deserves this ," I️ tried reasoning with her .

" You think I️ would kill him " she began laughing .
" I️ could never kill Brian. He has been with me this whole time by my side. He could have left and never returned all those times Joe sent him out . But he returned every time . He said he couldn't leave me to suffer. He is the best thing I've ever had .I️ love him and he would have loved me back if you hadn't come along and fucked with his head you stupid bimbo ! "

She raised the gun to my head and I️ noticed this time there were no hesitation or trembles. Her gaze was cold, calculating and determined. She was delusional that much I️ knew but she held the gun. Therefore she held my life in her hands. I️ closed my eyes and prayed to God that this would be over quick and painless. A minute or two went by and I️ felt nothing .

"I'm not going to kill you bitch "
I️ opened my eyes to see her tucking the gun into the waistband of her jeans .
" If I️ kill you he will just sit and mourn like a lost puppy and it will take me forever to get him to forgive me and see that I'm better for him . No you have to run far far away . Change your name , change your appearance stay out of sight and never go back to New York " she said as she threw me a pair of dark brown hunter boots .
I️ continued to sit there not knowing if this was another one of Brian's mind games . He would probably grab me as soon as I️ made a run for it, or she is fucking with me and is gonna shoot me down as soon as I️ turn my back .

" Get up " she whispers harshly , grabbing me by my arm and yanking me to my feet .

" I'm not playing anymore of these sick games , if your gonna kill me just kill me now !" I️ replied .