Table For Two

"Akko, this is ridiculous.." Diana sighed as her partner led her seemingly nowhere, a blindfold obscuring her vision.

      "It's just a bit further!" Akko tried to persuade her, her hand gripping Diana's gently as she moved through the hallways.

      It was dark, past curfew, and Diana had a growing sense of dread in the pit of her stomach, especially about being caught wandering the school after hours. She was tempted just to take off the blindfold and turn back, but she couldn't bring herself to. Whatever Akko wanted to show her was important, she could tell, and the last thing she wanted was to make Akko upset, or to have wasted her time.

      Finally, she felt Akko stop and walk behind her, wrapping her arms around Diana's waist and tucking her head into the crook of the blonde's neck. Diana took that as a sign that she was allowed to remove the blindfold then.

      She reached up and untied the fabric, letting it fall away as she blinked, gasping faintly at the sight. Akko smiled and leaned over, kissing her cheek. "Happy Valentine's Day, Diana."

      Diana smiled softly and blushed, still in slight shock as she looked between Akko, and the small candlelit dinner she had set up in a secluded corner of the library. "Akko... You did this?" She turned, looking at her girlfriend with adoration.

      Akko nodded, taking Diana's hands and leading her to the table, adorned in a nice white cloth, with silverware and as nice of a meal as Akko knew how to prepare without burning down the school's kitchens.

      They each took a seat, and Diana reached across the little table for two to reach over and take Akko's hand in her own, rubbing the back of her hand with her thumb ever so gently, smoothly. "This is amazing.. how did you manage to put all this together so quickly?" She asked, chuckling slightly.

      "Well, it was a bit of work.. I had to make sure I wasn't caught, too.. but it was all worth it, being here with you." She grinned and Diana found herself blushing. "Akko.. you know you didn't have to go all out.. I'd have just been happy to share your company.."

      Akko shrugged. "Well.. yeah, I know that, but.. I wanted to do something. Something big." Her face was beginning to brighten a light shade of pink, becoming more and more red as she tried to proceed. Finally, she gathered her courage and stood, taking Diana's hands in hers once again.

      Her eyes were filled with determination, which was always an iffy thing with Akko. Strawberry eyes met pale blue as Akko steeled herself. "Diana.. we've been dating for a while now. I know it's not exactly official to most people, and I know that you'd prefer it if not many people knew. I'm okay with that, because I get to be by your side all the time!" She grinned, and Diana blushed. "You mean the world to me. And I say that, 'cuz.. I love you, Diana!"

      Akko's face was bright red with blush as she finished, the words leaving her mouth certain and scary as they were left in the open.

      Diana sat in a kind of shock for a moment, before her heart fluttered and she stood, leaning forward and capturing her girlfriend by the lips, cupping her face in her hands gently. She pulled back a minute after, and Akko smiled.

      "I love you too, Akko..."