Imagine 3 - Newt

Y/N lost her memory 3 years ago when she was put into a box and sent into the maze along with fellow girls.

She has never seen the colour brown, which made living in the maze difficult because everything was made from wood.

Other girls said they have the same problem, but with different colours like blue or green.

Little did she know things were about to change.

Y/N and her friends had recently escaped their hellish maze and were now trekking through The Scorch, she was trailing behind the others something inside her willing her to stop, turned around and run back the way they came.

Harriet and Sonya turned back to Y/N who was now 5 feet behind the group, they walked back to their second in command.

"Y/N? What's up?" Sonya said placing a hand on her friends shoulder.

Y/N looked up at her, her eyes distant and faded, she was so confused about this feelings rushing around her chest.

At this point the leaders were also confused and worried for their second in command.

Aris walked up to them recognising the look in Y/N's eyes, he sighed softly.

Sonya and Harriet turned to Aris with a questioning look.

Aris turned to Y/N "I know how your feeling, I knew this day would come, when one of you would be in this situation, let me explain," he said gesturing for them to take a seat under a nearby piece of debris.

Harriet called for everyone to take a break and set up camp as she followed after her friends.

Once they were all sat down Aris started to explain, "Y/N your colour blind to brown aren't you." He says as more of a statement but Y/N stilled hummed a soft yes. "Well you see I used to be colour blind to brown." This earned even more questioning stars from the girls. "Until I met Rachel, the reason people are colourblind to certain colours is because that is the colour of your soulmates eyes.   Both of your souls are incomplete without the other and this can be realised through the lack of certain colours in certain peoples vision." He says.

"Well then why aren't isn't everyone here colourblind to a certain colour?" Harriet questioned well aware that she's wasn't the only who could see every colour.

"Because you get that colour back once the two souls have met, so mostly likely you knew and were close to your soulmate before you came into the maze but you just don't render them," Aris explained in full.

"Oh," was all Harriet said.

"So you mean that my..... soulmate is close?" Y/N questions.

"Yes that seams to be the case." Aris responded watching Y/N's reaction carefully.

"Wow...." was all she said before going silent.

Harriet and Sonya look at eachother. "Then we wait if we don't find them within three days then we move on, fair enough?" Sonya asked the group who all nodded.

"I don't think it's going to take that long." was all that Y/N responded with.

Once again they all nodded before heading back to the rest of their group.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Time skip
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

That night Y/N couldn't sleep and she knew she wouldn't be able to, not with the way she was feeling, so she picked up the gun from beside her and took over guard duty.

She sat their for two hours the anxiety building inside her as she felt her soulmate get closer.

She was on the verge of breaking when she turned around and started to see the brown of her friends clothes start to appear, she found it the most strange thing, colours that used to be grey, black and white now all the different shades of brown.

She turned back to the rise and spotted a group of boys. All had their guns raised bar one. A slim boy with sandy blonde hair, light skin and rich chocolate brown eyes.

They both snapped out of their staring contest to realise what was going on. Both groups had their guns pointed at eachother. Y/N was at the front of the group with Sonya and Harriet, the tension between the two groups was obvious, each waiting for the other to make a move.

Y/N dropped her gun before turning to to her leaders and raising her eyebrows, they realised what she was trying to tell her.

They both looked between Y/N and the other group quickly realising, that theirs was only one boy who didn't have his gun raised and wasn't confused by Y/N actions.

They smiled at Y/N as he too dropped his gun.

Everybody was now staring between the two confused, both groups looking to their leaders on what they should do.

Both Harriet and Sonya dropped their guns, with the rest of the group following all of their leaders actions. Y/N and the mystery boy slowly started walking towards eachother, cautiously looking at the other group.

Everybody from Y/N's group was tense, the other group still had their weapons drawn until what looked to be their leader signaled from them to also drop their weapons, as he realised what was happening. The group reluctantly followed his actions.

The two reacted eachother in the middle staring into the others eyes.

He broke the ice first, "it's nice to finally be able to see the sky properly, you've got know idea how difficult tending to crops is without being able to see if their are any clouds in the sky. Everything used to just blend together in shades of grey, is was horrible." He joked chuckling at his statement

Y/N instantly felt comfortable around him swiftly joking back "don't even get me started, where I came from everything was made out wood I could barely find my way to my own bedroom!" She joked back laughing lightly.

They both stood their for a second before pulling eachother into tight embrace.

Y/N had never felt so many emotions rushing around her body at once; comfort, love, the need to protect him at all costs and so many more.

"Newt," he mumbled into her hair as he hugged her tighter, as if letting go would mean losing her.

"Y/N," She mumbled softly into the crook of his neck. Loving every second of their embrace.

And that my friends is how Newt met his soulmate, the girl who would inevitably save both him and his friends lives.