𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘

【II. CONSENT IS PRIORITY】

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The entrance to the enormous room of Zeus' study creaks open and in come the pair of brothers, Zeus and Hades. The older brother pouts childishly and places himself on the black leather office chair before the desk of which his brother sits behind. They both silently stare at each other for awhile, both conversing their thoughts to one another.

Hades rolls his eyes and crosses his left leg over his right one, "What is my 'punishment' now?" with his hands signing the air quotation mark. He had an small idea of what his brother would make him do and he didn't like it one bit.

Sighing, Zeus gives his brother a sheet of coffee-coloured paper and a quill pen, signalling him to sign the agreement of his punishment to get the affair over as quick as possible. "You have to resign your powers as the god of death for a length of time," lifting his right hand to stop his brother from complaining, "Apollo will be punished the same way."

"What?! There is no way possible you are going to take away my powers!" Hades pounds on the glossy marble office desk with his eyes blazing, turning his orbs from midnight black to bright emerald which seems to be set on fire with little specks of red and orange all over.

To prove his point and power, Zeus snapped his fingers; his fingers giving off small blue and silver sparks from the action. Suddenly Hades felt weird as if he had no more vigour to argue with his sibling anymore. His verdant inferno eyes widen with the sick realization setting into his stomach. The nausea was not because he lost his powers; the fact that his brother had just betrayed his trust for him, taking away his ability as a god without the agreement makes the death god's gut jaded with ill-feelings.

Biting his now pale white lips to the point he draws out crimson blood, Hades shakily stands up with tears threatening to spill out. He turned his body and left the study without another word as he had only one option to get back his life.

Even if it had to be with the Devil himself.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

After the wrenching moment of having his power taken away, Hades makes his way to his nephew, Hermes' room; his heart still disappointed by his sibling's action. He knocks on the white glistening doors and silently waits for his nephew to answer.

The door swings open and Hermes' head pops out, his expression is one filled with mischief as if he had a surprise for his favourite uncle who pretty similar to him in the naughty ways. Though the young god's eyes opens up so wide; it is as if he wasn't expecting the lack of charisma and demeanor his uncle usually exudes. The naughty smirk is wiped off his face when he saw the crystal-like tears pouring from those emerald eyes of Hades; his attitude becoming panicky and alarmed.

Hades wraps his slightly-built arms around Hermes in hopes of dissolving the treacherous event that happened just before this meeting. In return the younger god tightens his arms around the older male and pulls him into his lodge.

When they got comfortable on the fluffy golden and silver sheets of the king-sized bed, Hermes asks for the full story of what made Hades this way. This leads to Hades hiccuping and breaking down even more from the remembrance of the painful incident; though he is able to give a brief explanation for it.

Hermes, after hearing the story, feels even worse for his uncle who had just had his powers taken away without permission from the owner himself. When suddenly he sees red, his rage being set on fire as if the need to kill had been born and he knew who he wanted to end. However the much more important affair as of now is to get back Hades' powers.

Hermes knew how much the ability to control the dead and other side powers meant to Hades, as it is his only way of escaping the horrors that his grandfather had inflicted on his uncle. The only possible option that comes to mind is not what Hermes considers favourable; however it is the only option. So he suggested to Hades, in spite of hating the solution, is to make a deal with the Devil himself which Hades was quick to accept as long as he got back his power.

And so the gods went on their way to Lucifer Morningstar who was residing in Los Angeles, spending his boring life in the city of Angels.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

<I based all the gods on what they represent so they're personality would have fractions of those personifications in them.
For example, as Hermes is the god of trickery and is a messenger between all the realms, you can see how I incorporate him into being mischievous and the person who can bring Hades to meet Lucifer. >

Edit: <I made some edits since Hades is actually the oldest so thank you to everyone who commented that.>