𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚒𝚟𝚎

【V. AN INNOCENT LITTLE RUN-IN】

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jasper pushed the Grill's door open to leave, his auburn suit jacket fluttering slightly from the cold breeze outside as well as his green cotton candy hair. Suddenly his phones rang and 'Morningstar' flashes across the screen. Irritated, he picked up the call from the Devil with a mocking tone, "What do I owe the pleasure to, Mr. Morningstar?"

Jasper hears a hearty laugh from the phone, knowing the man was at his bar and twirling with his damn star coin. "Hades, you've been pretty patient these past weeks," Lucifer pauses before a serious tone overtakes, "I was thinking of getting you your powers back."

"As if I haven't heard that from you before!" Feeling a rise of anger, the god of the underworld sneers, "You left me here at this rotten town which I thought was pretty peaceful before finding out it's infested with supernatural!"

Jasper made a round and ended up in front of the Gilbert's; still shouting angrily into the phone before being silenced quickly from whatever was being said by Morningstar. While he was too into the conversation, Jasper didn't notice that the vampire from the nights ago was before him with his little gang until he bumped into the back of a raven-haired vampire with blue eyes.

Aware of his surroundings now, Jasper looked up and was going to apologise to whoever he had bumped into but stopped when he saw the brunette vampire. First instinct he had was to flee from this groupie but before he even got the chance to step away, the latter vampire sped up to block to escape path.

"Stefan! What are you doing?!" Another brunette but this time female and human shouted, before looking at Jasper, "Weren't we supposed to keep it lowkey?!"

"Yeah, Stefan. Weren't we?" The blue-eyed vampire mocked, his expression turning into a frown.

Rolling his eyes, the God of the Undead sighed quietly at the human's remark before listening to the vampire before him. "He knows, Elena. I don't know how but he does," Stefan ignored his brother's remarks, a tight grip on the stranger's shoulder who was standing there with a frustrated expression and his left hand holding onto his phone.

The human girl who Jasper learned was Elena, turned swiftly to stare at him with shock and pointed a finger, "H-how? Is he also a vampire?" The said male scoffed and brushed his hair back; eyes showing disgust for the lot and went on to stare down on her. He was about to answer her question before a loud voice came booming from the phone in his left hand; so he went back to the call while ignoring the damned group.

"Alright, Mr. Morningstar. I'll get right on it tomorrow morning; just make sure there's a position available," Jasper frowned, "That's the least you could do for me." With that last sentence filled with vexation, he hangs up the call with the Devil and is called back to reality when he sees the annoying human girl impatiently waiting for his reply.

'Why did I have to run into these idiots?' Jasper thought as he cracked his neck before staring down on Elena; his green eyes glowing from the sudden power that Lucifer had given him after the phone call. With a fake but dazzling smile, he shrugged his shoulders, "Sorry to disappoint , darling but I'm not one and wouldn't wanna be one — vampires aren't all that powerful." A smirk displayed on his cherry lips, "They're at the bottom of the food chain. Well – at least after humans, of course."

Jasper could see fear creeping up into her dark brown eyes before continuing with a laugh, "Their blood stains the lowest levels of the Underworld and my Hades, does it stink!" He grabbed onto the vampire's hand on his shoulder and pushes the retched creature away while knocking his elbow to its forehead which rendered him unconscious.

"Stefan!" Elena screeched while the other vampire looked up with aggression at the Asian male, "Oh, you messed with the wrong people."

As soon as the sentence was uttered, he rushes over to deliver a punch but scarcely missed his target, before getting one returned to his gut. "Uh-uh, should've learnt your lesson from seeing your little fellow," Jasper grinned sadistically before giving the vampire a kick to his back and sending him across the street.

Elena was scared shitless. She knew nothing of the supernatural world but thought that either vampires or witches were the most powerful from being protected by them from harms. She had never encountered anything like Jasper before and well, don't think she will be seeing anymore anytime soon since he's a special case.

"Little girl, you should probably keep quiet about what you've seen, at least of me anyway." Jasper motioned to the two knocked-out vampires, "They'll heal, just slower than usual." His wicked smile returned, his hands jammed into his suit pants, "Creatures of the night always will; they're bounded to suffer for centuries." With those fleeting words, Jasper continued on his walk for the night to his accommodation.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A notification popped on the matte black smartphone indicating a text message had been sent. Lucifer Morningstar picked up his phone and a genuine smile appeared on his lips.

Thank you.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

<Alright, this is a little chapter introducing Hades to Elena and the Salvatore brothers. They're not my favourite except for Stefan but he's going to be enemy type of character for lil' Jasper. More chapters coming soon!>