1.

A/N:: This takes place after the merger., NOTE I will be moving certain episodes around and merging something to make more sense in my story. So it will be leading up to the shooting and all but... ugh you'll get it when you read so hard to explain lmao ALSO!!! Idk if I said this earlier the reader is black/POC so... lol yeah

Third Person POV

Chapter 1... Yep that's right I said it, this is meant to be a new chapter in my life but I'm too afraid to even get off this plane... was it even a good idea to take the offer? as long as I still get to be a doctor everything is good, right?

5:15 AM

Luna was sitting in her seat as the plane was getting ready to open its' doors for the passengers to get off. Everything was set from the start she would have transportation, a place to live, food, money anything you can name she had it ready to go as soon as she would step foot in Seattle.

So a small backstory is what you're looking for huh?

This woman is De'Luna Krie McClain, a twenty-five-year-old Black woman who happened to have the once in a lifetime opportunity to work at Seattle Grace Mercy West Hospital. After having a few issues at her old hospital and still in the third year of her residency, she was in need of a job. Maybe she needed something new and the chance of a lifetime came to her she just had to take it. Alright, now you're kind of caught up, back to the story.

Stepping out of the airport she had breathed in everything around her, it was bright and everyone looked happy even if they were in a rush to catch their flight. Luna was hoping for something like that and now she had the chance to have it. She had waited for her lyft to pick her up and take her to the apartment she was staying at so she could get a good shower in before going to the hospital. Once in the car, she began to think over everything she needed to do, checking off her mental checklist making sure everything was right. She was a perfectionist like every other doctor in the world, but now this is different she... she is different. Pulling up into the parking lot of the apartment complex she quickly got out the back seat, meeting the driver at the trunk to get out the rest of her bags before thanking him for the ride and going in.

" Hi, I called up here earlier in the week about apartment 4c."

The lady had looked up from her computer with wide smiles on her face gesturing her arm telling Luna to sit, she complied as she watched her get some papers and a pen out and set them in front of her.

" This is your lease, insurance, pin for the gate, and your key. I would love the be the first one to welcome you to Seattle."

Luna had smiled at her as she signed the papers and linked the key to her key ring before thanking her and walking to her apartment. With the small map, the lady gave her she was sure she knew where she was going. She made two wrong turns and went into the wrong building twice in order for her to make it to the right place. Her apartment had a beautiful view over Seattle, something she never thought she would see but hey... gotta change right.

She had pulled the rest of her bags behind her, leaving them by the door as she moved to stand in front of the ceiling to floor window that overlooked the view of Seattle. It was everything. It calmed her down enough to start unpacking before she had gotten a call.

Momma👩‍👧✨

She had seen the caller Id knowing she would have to answer so her mother wouldn't worry.

" Ma~"
" Oh thank God you landed, you should have called when you first got there."
" Ma I was busy trying not to get lost in a new city. I'm not in my comfort south anymore, no one is going to help me willingly if they saw me lost... I have to fend for myself here."
" I understand but you still should have called when you first landed."
" Alright mom, I'm at the apartment now so I'm going to call you after a quick nap alright. "
" Alright baby get some rest. I love you."
" Love you too ma."