Day 15

Day 15 - You

Last day and I can't find Maggie anywhere.

She isn't at school.

I am not going to lie, I'm a bit sad that she isn't here. I am almost looking forward to see her today, because I want to see what she has planned for me for the last day of our deal. Everything Maggie has done by now has made me so much happier. I don't know, she just makes the days bearable. I can't help but think that I would've been dead if Maggie had never found me on the edge of that building two weeks ago.

Without her, I would've missed out on getting accepted into Harvard University with a full scholarship, singing songs with her, and just getting to know the Maggie Sawyer.

Why is Maggie just so... Perfect? Why does she make me feel so safe and sound? Why does she make my heart melt so much?

Oh, God.

Am I falling for the Maggie Sawyer?

No, I keep telling myself. Maggie is there to save my life. She is just a girl who felt bad for me. However, during the entire day at school, I can't help but wish that  she is here with me today.

After school ends, I grab all my courage together and walk up to one of her friends, Winslow. I have seen her hanging out with him a lot and I remember that I once assumed that he was her boyfriend. He must know where Maggie is today.

I walk up to him, but he doesn't seem to notice me. Not until I clear my throat and say his name.

"Do I know you?" He asks, a friendly tone in his voice. Quite frankly, I didn't expect him to be so friendly.

"No, I'm Alex. Hello, Winslow." I say, nervously biting on my lip. "I'm a friend of Maggie."

"You can call me Winn." He says, reaching out to shake my hand. "So you're the Alex? Alex Danvers?"

I nod my head. "Yes, that's me."

Winn sighs, closing his eyes, whispering something to himself.

"Last day." He says, before he looks up to me. "This is the last day."

I am not surprised that he knows about my deal with Maggie. He is her best friend after all. I just thought that this was between Maggie and I.

"Can you just tell me where Maggie is, please?" I ask, frowning. "I really need to speak to her."

"I think she is just at home." Winn answers, "She's probably scared that you're going to leave her, so she decided to let you go. Come on, I'll bring you to her house. It's not that far."

I agree and walk with Winn to her house. There is an uncomfortable silence between us, clearly both not knowing what to say to each other.

"Well, we're here." Winn says, stopping at a white house with grey shutters.

I take a deep breath, running a hand through my hair. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Winn replies, "I hope you stay here."

"What?"

"Just stay here. Don't do anything you will regret."

Winn leaves and I stand alone in front of a big house. I slowly make my way towards the door, before ringing the doorbell.

I bite my lip and clench my fists, digging my nails into the palms of my hands. Focusing on the pain, I manage to just keep my mind from going crazy.

I wait a few moments before the door opens, revealing a woman who looks a lot like Maggie. Well, now I know where Maggie got her looks from.

"Hello, I'm Alex." I say, "Is Maggie here?"