3

I got out of the car first, "I know Tony, but you are going to get over it." I told him and motioned for him to get out of the car.

That took almost five minutes. I had to hold his jacket sleeve as we walked inside of the shelter. Just to make sure he didn't try to get back to John and the car.

I opened the glass door and shoved him inside, "But Pepperrrr," he whined.

I gave him a look and he went silent. I walked up to the front desk to the woman standing behind it with a smile, the woman kept staring at Tony. She didn't look like she knew what to do.

"Hello, my name is Pepper and I would like to get my boss here," I motioned towards Tony, "An emotional support dog,".

I could feel Tony staring at me, I hadn't told him the support dog part.

"Emotional support dog?" I heard him whisper to me, the woman seemed to snap out of it.

She held out her hand, "My name is Kayla, we have plenty of potential support dogs here in the shelter, may I ask what... complications the dog needs to help with?" she asked.

I shook her hand, now pleased. "PTSD and anxiety," I told her.

I felt Tony poke my back. I turned and slapped his hand.

"We have a few dogs who are trained to have great potential to help with that, I'll call one of the handlers up front to help you," she told us.

She grabbed a walkie-talkie from the desk and pressed the button and started to talk into the device. "I need Jeff to come to the front desk please,".

There was a small radioed, 'I'm on my way,' from the other end.

A few moments later, a tall man came out of one of the doors on the side of Kayla's desk. The door with the white outline of a dog on it.

He approached us and offered me a hand, "Hey there, I'm Jeff. How can I help you?"