10

Rhodey dropped me off at the house after he untied me from the chair. "Tony needs you more than I thought," Rhodey mused as we were parked in the driveway.

That was just before his phone rang, he looked at the caller ID with a sigh before he opened the door, "Go help Tony," Rhodey told me.

I hopped out of the car with a bark, running over to the door, which JARVIS opened as Rhodey drove off.

I headed down the stairs and JARVIS had the lab door opened for me as well..

Tony was talking to someone with his hologram, "Let me tell you something, you know what happened when I told people I was Iron Man's body guard? They would laugh in my face," the guy on the other end was saying, it sounded like Happy.

Tony laughed at him.

"I had to leave while I still had a shred of dignity. Now I got a real job, I'm watching Pepper," he went on.

That got Tony's attention as I trotted over and sat on my bed, "What's going on? Fill me in," Tony demanded.

"For real?" Happy questioned.

Tony nodded, "Yeah,".

Dum-E rolled over and started pulling on my ear, "Alright, so she's meeting up with this scientist. Rich guy, handsome," Happy was saying as I made a noise of complaint and swatted at Dum-E with my paw.

"Dum-E, leave her alone!" Tony scolded, "Go back to the time out corner," Tony pointed across the room.

"I couldn't make his face at first, right? You know I'm good with faces," Happy went on as Dum-E sadly rolled off.

"Oh, Yeah, yeah. You're the best," Tony went on, watching Dum-E roll off.

"Yeah. Well, so I run his credentials, I make him Aldrich Killian. We actually met the guy back in... where were we in '99? The science conference?" Happy asked.

Tony hummed in thought for a moment, "Switzerland,".

Happy nodded, "Right, right, exactly," as he glanced off screen.

I hopped off of my dog bed and wandered over to a basket Tony had in the hallway full of bones.

I heard the door close behind me as I selected a bone and started upstairs for a drink, setting my bone aside as I lapped at the water.

I headed back downstairs with the bone less than a minute later, "Do you have your taser on you?" I heard Tony ask as JARVIS reopened the lab door for me.

I stopped to stare at him.

"Why?" Happy asked, equally confused.

"I think there's a gal in HR who's trying to steal some printer ink, you should probably go over there and zap her," Tony told him as he left the tablet in a little fridge he had in the lab.

I heard a faint, "Yeah, nice," from within the fridge.