23

Tony had been bedridden for a week after the surgery, which was very fustrating for him.

He let me in the bed within the first hour and I barely left his side.

I only left when Steve or Clint came in to take me outside, Pepper had moved my food and water bowl into the adjoining bathroom after I didn't eat for two days.

No one could keep Tony in bed for long though, he was back in the lab after the first week and at week two he wanted to go out with other Pepper for a celebratory date.

"No Pepper, you can't go," Tony was telling me as I followed him to the elevator.

JARVIS said that other Pepper was downstairs waiting for him.

I gave a whine followed him into the elevator.

Tony sighed, "J, take me to the common floor."

I leaned against his pant leg and wagged my tail.

"You can't go Pepper," Tony told me as the doors opened.

"Aren't you and Pepper supposed to be on a date Stark?" Natasha asked as soon as the doors opened.

Tony gestured down to me, but I continued to stare up at him with my tail wagging.

"You aren't taking her?" Steve questioned.

Tony shook his head, which made me whine. "I just want it to be me and Pep," Tony told them before asking, "So, who wants to watch her for a few hours?" Tony asked no one in particular.

There were multiple sighs in the room.
.
.
.
Steve held me with my back to his chest as Tony got back in the elevator.

I whined and barked as the doors closed, struggling against Steve.

Tony did give a sad look before the doors closed, that was when Steve let me down.

I slid on the floor as I jumped out of Steve's arms before he'd let go of me and ran to the elevator door with another whine.

I gave a loud bark as I started to scratch at the elevator doors, hoping it would open. It didn't.