Vampire Academy: a different ending

-A/N Hey Party People! I'm Eva and I'm writing a Vampire academy fanfiction. I'm not English, so I know I've got terrible grammar and vocabulary, but I try my best. Please let me know if there are stupid mistakes in the story. This story is written after the film, so there are parts which don't resemble with the book. It starts with a little summary, so you don't have to know the book or film to understand this story. It's a bit short by now, but I'm hoping to post more chapters. I hope you will enjoy the story! Please comment and vote!

The story 'Vampire Academy' is about vampires. There are different vampire species: you've got the moroi, these are the good vampires. They are able to use magic. Every moroi is specialized in one element: fire, water, earth and air. Moroi can stay in the sun, but it irritates their skin. Moroi drink blood from 'feeders' , humans who volunteer because the bite of a vampire gives the feeling of a heavy drug. They feel like they're in heaven. Then you've got strigoi, these are vampires who killed someone when drinking their blood. When another vampire is bitten by a strigoi, he or she can become strigoi too. Strigoi are undead, they are much stronger than moroi and can't use magic. Strigoi become stronger when they drink the blood of moroi, therefore moroi are protected by dhampirs. Dhampirs arise if a human and a moroi have children. Nowadays these things don't happen anymore. Dhampirs can't get children together, but a dhampir and a moroi can. Therefore the dhampirs protect the moroi, the dhampirs existence depends on the moroi. The main character in this story is Rose Hathaway. She and her friend Lissa discover that Lissa is specialized in a fifth element: Spirit. She is able to heal people and force them to do things with her thoughts. However, this takes a high price. Rose died a long time ago, but was completely healed by Lissa. This is why she is bound to Lissa: she can read Lissa's thoughts and take away her pain if she uses her power to much, she can even go in Lissa's head. Lissa's uncle Victor wanted to use Lissa's powers for himself, that's why he kidnapped Lissa. The girls noticed a threat earlier, what caused them to escape from their school: Saint Vladimir's, but they are being caught by an attractive man called Dimitri, who offers the school to be Rose's personal mentor, because she is lagging behind. When Lissa is kidnapped, Victor uses a lust spell on Rose and Dimitri to slow them down, a spell that is used to strengthen the love feelings of people. Eventually Rose and Dimitri rescue Lissa from Victor, but Victor's daughter Natalie changes into a strigoi to set him free. Rose witnessed this happening. Rose has had different lessons from Dimitri about killing strigoi, she knows that you can kill a strigoi by staking his heart with a silver stake, setting him on fire or cutting his head off. When she manages to get a silver stake, she can stake Natalie, but she hesitates. This could've meant her death, but luckily Dimitri saves her by killing Natalie. Rose and Dimitri love each other, but because they're both dhampirs, they cannot be together. Dimitri is seven years older than Rose, he is her mentor and they both have to guard Lissa. If they both are her guardians, it would be a problem, because if there were strigoi, they would try to save each other instead of Lissa. In the last scene of the film the two stand together outside of Saint Vladimir's.

Original ending: Rose asks Dimitri for one last kiss. When he tries to give her a kiss, she tackles him. Something she tried throughout the whole movie. Then the film makers show us a cave full of strigoi, ready to attack the school. The film ends with a cliffhanger.

The story is written from Rose's point of view

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'One last kiss?' I asked.

'I'm sorry' Dimitri turned his back to me.

'Well, I hoped I could finally tackle you, but that won't work like this.'

Suddenly he turned around, his eyes were red. How could they be red?

'Roza' he pronounced my Russian name with the Russian accent I loved so much, but his red eyes bothered me.