Prologue

Caroline's POV

I was only 14 at the time when I met him. He was from out of town with his younger brother who was the same age as me. I was still in junior high and I wasn't one of the popular kids, but that didn't mean that I wasn't attracted to the dirty blonde with blue eyes wearing a leather jacket. Dean Winchester. All the girls swooned over him. I knew I didn't have a chance with him seeing as how he was a senior and was way to cool for me.

Where I went to school the junior high and high school were connected by one hallway and we shared the same gym. During my gym period he also had gym class. All the girls would just stare at him the whole time except me. I mean, sure he was cute and all, but I wasn't going to hopelessly stare at him like a brainless zombie and hope that by some miracle he would notice me.

At school I didn't have really any friends. I was more of a loner and always was by myself at lunch and during study hall periods. In gym class I was always the last one to be chosen for any sport we did. I didn't blame them really. I wasn't pretty by any means or physically inclined. My hair was just a plain blonde color that went down to the middle of my back. My family was poor, so I didn't have any name brand clothes and I didn't have special hair products or make up to wear to school. Most of my clothes were my cousins' old clothes, and were worn out and stained. I was very thin and didn't have nice curves to attract any of the boys in my grade. I was very clumsy and had no athletic abilities what so ever. I swear I tripped over air sometimes. I got bullied a lot since I was an easy target. I didn't really care what people thought about me, most of the time. Some times the bullying would get to me and I would end up crying in the bathroom, but I never let them see it. I didn't want them to have the satisfaction of breaking me. That would only result in the bullying getting worse.

The whole time Dean went to my school, which wasn't that long, we only talked once. It was a Friday afternoon and I was walking to my locker which was one of the lockers in the hallway that lead to the high school. I had been getting my books for my next class and turned to walk to class when I ran into a hard chest. I fell to the floor and my things went everywhere. When I looked up I locked eyes with light blue ones. He looked down at me and chuckled.

"Watch where you're going shorty." He said in a gruff voice. I then noticed the girl that was clinging to his arm and glaring at me. She had curly brown hair and tan skin. You could tell that she had put on at least a pound of make up or more. She wore a V-neck that didn't leave much to the imagination.

I then heard someone walking towards us. I turned my attention to whoever was behind us and saw Dean's little brother, Sam Winchester. He offered me his hand nervously and I took it. He helped me up to my feet and then picked up my books and papers that had fallen to the floor. He handed them to me and then offered to walk with me to class, which I agreed to and started to walk with him down the hallway towards the classroom. Right before we exited the hallway I turned and saw Dean and the girl walk into the janitor's   closet in the hallway.

After that day me and Sam became close friends. We would walk around my small town and just talk for hours. Sometimes Dean would pick Sam up in his car, which was a beautiful black '67 Chevrolet Impala. He never would get out of the car, but he always had the window down with some sort of classic rock blaring out of the car's speakers. He would look out the window and wait for Sam, usually wearing sunglasses that covered his blue eyes.

This would go on for about 2 weeks until one day while me and Sam were out walking all of that changed. Me and Sam had been sitting at a picnic table in the park, where Dean would usually come to pick Sam up, when Sam looked at me it seemed like something was bothering him.

"Sam what's wrong?" I asked him pushing my blonde hair out of my face. He sighs and looks down at his hands.

"Me and my brother are leaving after today. Are dad got another job and we have to move." He looked back up at me and his eyes held sadness. I felt tears start to form in my eyes. I got up from the table and turned away from him. I felt war liquid slide down my face. My only friend was leaving me. I would be alone again after he left and I didn't know if I would be able to handle that. He walked up to me and ran in front of me. He grabbed my shoulders and stopped me from moving. I looked down at my feet so he wouldn't see me crying.