After Sunset

Caroline's POV

"Dean. Dean Winchester." My smirk went away and my eyes widened. He looked at me confused as I pulled my hand away. It couldn't be. How was this happening? My high school crush was standing in front of me 8 years later. This wasn't possible.

"It can't be." I said in a whisper, but I knew that Dean had heard what I said when he chuckled.

"So, you've heard of me. I hope good things." He said as he brushed a hand through his hair and leaned against his car. I didn't know what to say so I just stood there for a few moments staring at him. All the memories I had of him came back and I realized without out a doubt that it was him. I didn't know if I should feel happy or if I should just leave it alone. I mean nothing really happened between us besides me running into him one day and becoming good friends with his brother.

"You don't remember me?" I chuckled to myself. He looked st me even more confused now.

"No, should I?" He asked rubbing the back of his neck.

"It was a long time ago and we didn't really know each other that well, so I wouldn't expect you to. You went to my high school here when I was in 8th grade. Me and your brother were really good friends during the time you guys were here." I said looking down at the ground so he wouldn't see the blush forming in my cheeks.

"Wait, Caroline? As in the Caroline my brother had a mad crush on?" I looked back up at him quickly with wide eyes. What did he mean by that? Sam never told me about having feelings for me. I mean it would explain why he got nervous around me sometimes but I still never noticed it that often. Dean's voice brought me back to reality as he continued talking. "I didn't know your family was in the hunting business. Why didn't your family work with my dad while we were here?"

"Because they weren't hunters."

"What do you mean?"

"I wasn't a hunter when I knew you guys. I was normal, if you want to put it that way. A couple years after you guys left my grandmother was attacked by a werewolf. It killed her in the process and went after me. I killed it by stabbing it in the heart with a silver knife from my grandma's kitchen set. A hunter found me and took me in and raised me. He then taught me everything I know now about the Supernatural and hunting." I explained. Dean nodded his head.

"Okay Caroline, are we going to work together or am I going to have to tie you up in my room to make sure you don't get hurt?" He said as he smirked again.

   I chuckled and nodded my head. "Alright, fine." I hand him his gun and then walk towards my room. "Just so you know, you wouldn't be able to keep me tied up for very long, and that's if you managed to tie me up in the first place."

   "Whatever." He chuckles and follows me into the room. I pull out the case files and my lore book. "So, what all do you know about this werewolf?" He asked as he sat down in a chair next the table I had laid everything out on.

   "Well, the werewolf seems to hunt mainly near the forest trail. That's where most of the bodies were found. The next kill will happen either tonight or tomorrow, with tomorrow being the last day of the lunar cycle. What did you get out of Erica?"

   "She said that Anna arrived at her house around 7:00 and left around 10:30. She also said that the parents called her the next day asking about Anna, but she hadn't seen her since she left her house. I asked if there could've been anyone Anna would've visited besides her on the way home and she seemed to get nervous when answering that question. It was as if she was trying to hide something."

   "Then it was just like I suspected. Have you talked to anyone connected to Lisa?"

   "Yeah her parents said she was out with her boyfriend, Adam. They didn't seem to like him too much. He's a senior that works at the diner. I went to see him and he called in sick for work. When by his house and he wasn't there either.