Memories of A Broken Heart (Hoseok x reader)

Fandom: BTS
Reader-insert: Female
Word Count: 441
Estimated Reading Time: 2 minutes

Six years ago, while I was still working at the coffee shop, I met someone who was dear to me. That person is still dear to me even though I been trying so hard to let her go. I met her in June and I lost her in July of the same year. No. She was never mine, to begin with. Will you let me tell you my story?

'Another day at work,' I sighed as I took another order, 'life is so boring, I wish my shift ended soon.'

'Marc? Is it not with a K? It's Marc with a C?' I wrote the name of the guy on the cup again, 'who the fuck even writes Mark with a C?' I screamed internally as the guy was complaining to me for misspelling his name. A fake and wide smile is plastered on my face as I apologise to that guy while offering a free muffin.

'I don't like this kind of customers. Just get your damn coffee and go away!' As I was thinking about such things she came in.

(y/n).

The one I fell in love with.

She ordered a caramel macchiato. Her smile was beautiful. I fell in love with her right then and there. Yeah, I know I fell in love too quickly but love is not something we plan, it's something that happens without reason.

After that, she came to the shop day after day, ordering the same drink to go. We made small talk here and there, but nothing too big. Just a few "hello's", some "how was your day?" and well, just me trying to make her laugh and brighten up her days while doing some aegyo that she seemed to enjoy. But that was it. Still, that was enough to make me fall deeper and deeper for her.

Sadly, it all ended soon.

One day (y/n) came in with a guy. It was the first time she had her coffee in the shop. I watched her interacting with the man. They looked like good friends, that is until he got down on one knee and asked her to marry him.

She said 'yes'. Everyone in the shop cheered and clapped. I could only watch and fake a smile as my heart was breaking.

It looked like they had been dating for four years. It's funny. I guess I never really had a chance with her. We were never meant to be. My love was unrequited.

She never showed up in the store again. All I have left are the memories of her and the sweet aroma of the caramel macchiato.  

Author's note:

Hi~ This was a collab.
Story © Ninihaha
Marc with a C © Ninihaha 
Formatting and editing © Venulus
You can check Nini's gallery out on Deviantart https://ninihaha.deviantart.com/
The picture doesn't belong to me so I take no credit for it.