A Bouquet of Freesias (Hoseok x reader)

Fandom: BTS
Reader-insert: Female
Warning: None
Word Count: 811
Estimated Reading Time: 3 minutes

"These are for you," was the first thing you heard as soon as you turned around after he called your name.

The profuse citrus smell belonging to the colourful freesias he was holding in his hands filled your nostrils. Looking up, you saw his beautiful heart-shaped lips slightly curving into a tender smile, showing you his adorable dimples. His dashing, bright, brown eyes glistened and his rounded cheeks tinged pink as he held his hands out for you to take the bouquet, "happy birthday," he added, grinning broadly.

You could not prevent the radiant smile that spread over your face, "thank you so much, Hoseok-ah," your eyes shone as bright as the sun for you were touched by that simple gesture of his.

Closing your eyes, you breathed in the citric fragrance of the freesias as you brought the bouquet close to your face, releasing a pleased and short hum before opening your eyes again. Your hair fluttered in the chilly, night breeze and you shivered.

"You're cold," he murmured to himself, "have you been waiting for long?" he asked, concern filling his eyes as he noticed your shivering form.

"No, I just got here. I've forgotten my scarf, that's all," you admitted, smiling shyly.

"Here, have mine," he said as he wrapped the scarf he was previously wearing around your neck.

"But you'll get cold," you protested, taking in the manly scent emanating from the soft fabric of his grey scarf.

"I'll be fine," he said, shaking his head slightly, "we should get going, the movie will start soon," he quickly added with a smile, making your heart skip a beat.

You bit your lower lip to suppress a grin, "wait, you've got something on your face," you lied, pulling the most innocent face you could muster.

"Oh? What is it?" he asked as he put his hand on his coat pocket to pull out his phone and check himself with it. But you stopped him before he could do anything.

"I'll help you. Close your eyes," you told him softly.

He did as he was told and you smirked in mischief before licking your lips, "let's see," you hummed as you leaned in and cupped his face in one of your hands while holding the bouquet with the other.

"What is it? An eyelash?" he asked curiously, his cheeks turning pink once again when he felt your breath against his lips. His heartbeat quicken at the thought of you being so close to him.

Swiftly, you shut your eyes and closed the short gap between the two of you, locking your moist lips with his own cold ones. A strangled, short gasp escaped him at your boldness, yet he kissed you back. It was a warm and loving kiss that lasted a few seconds. When you broke away from it, you opened your eyes to see a very embarrassed Hoseok.

He felt his cheeks burning fiercely, and he chuckled nervously, "aish, I'm the one supposed to steal kisses from you, (y/n)-nie," he smiled sheepishly.

You laughed in amusement, "and why is that?"

"Because I'm a man, of course," he pursed his lips in an adorable, little pout.

You rolled your eyes at him, before grabbing his hand, intertwining your fingers with his, making his heart skip several beats, "and I'm a woman, so what?" you challenged playfully.

"Aish, foreigner girls are something else," he said, giving your hand a gentle squeeze.

"Sorry, I'm not sorry," you smiled, bringing the back of his hand closer to your lips and gave it a light kiss.

He gulped down and cleared his throat, "jagi," he whined.

"What? You don't like it?" you tilted your head and pouted cutely, making him blush for the umpteenth time.

"N-no, it's not that," he stammered, "I'm just not used to it," he looked to the side, "you're different from all the people I've dated," he mumbled, before looking into your eyes again.

"Is that a bad thing?"

"I like it!" he exclaimed as he saw your downcast eyes, "I like you... very much," he chuckled nervously again.

You laughed happily before wrapping your arms around his torso in a tight embrace, giving him a quick peck on his cold cheek, " I like you too, Hoseok-ie," taken by surprise, Hoseok hid his face on your neck and groaned lightly. His dark bangs tickled your soft skin, "you'll get used to it," you chuckled lowly, "sooner or later," you added as you gently rubbed his back with your free hand, "now we should seriously hurry up or else we'll miss the movie," you said, pulling away from the hug.

He nodded, "let's go, then," he smiled warmly at you before taking your hand in his and intertwining his slender fingers with your smaller ones, making your cheeks ablaze as he led you to the movie theatre.

a/n: The picture belongs to @@miss.brutus