Chapter Two - Hummers Never Stop Humming

The pale man walked, following directions to his bunk. He admired the aircrafts, and his eyes lingered on the soldiers jogging to their next destination.

He started humming again, but the other noises — such as airships taking off — droned it out. Soon the marble fox came across rows of small cabin-like buildings. Each had numbers on the doors.

He found the cabin with the numbers '220-224', and since his bunk is 224, he had found the right place.

His shoulders elevated in a slight shrug before his shoes placed themselves on the wooden floor of the cabin interior. The cabin was cozy, two bunk beds parallel to each other against the walls of the room. A window was at the back wall, open and allowing air into the room.

There were three people already in the room. The tall Irish man who had been in front of him laid on a bottom bunk, arms resting underneath his head. Another man was on the bed opposite the Irishman. He had dark brown hair and pale skin, his head turned to look at Smii7y, showing off the bright blue eyes he owned. The last cabin mate was underneath the brunette, looking pissed as he watched Smii7y cross the room and pull himself onto the top bunk above the Irishman.

An awkward tension filled the room before Smii7y started humming. Everyone looked at him instantly.

"Wow. Who knew the hummer was so small?" The blonde man on the bottom bunk growled, obviously he woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

"Smaller dog, bigger bite." The fox gave a shrug as he kicked his feet back and forth off of the edge of the bunk bed.

"So, Hummer, I never got to fully introduce myself." The Irishman spoke up from the bunk under. The fox swiftly shifted, his torso hanging off instead of his feet. His multi-colored glasses glinted as they were pressured by gravity ever so slightly.

"I'm Nogla or Daithi, but me real name is David." His deep voice echoed through the otherwise silent cabin and his hand stuck out for a shake.

"Hummer or Smitty. That's two i's and a seven instead of a t." Smii7y answered, taking the Irishman's hand and giving it a firm shake. Once their hands disconnected, Hummer pulled himself up and relaxed on the rather uncomfortable mattress. It kind of reminded him of the 'bed' he was given in his cell. His eyes shut under the colored lenses and his throat vibrated in a hum.

"Why don't you just shut the fuck up!?" The other man yells, his brown eyes sending a burning glare to the man atop the bunk. Smii7y turns his head and looks at the man, his humming getting louder.

"So you're a wise guy?" The random guy snarls, and in response the other shrugs, the only thing present on his face being a smirk.

Hummer sits up, allowing his legs to dangle over the side of the bed before jumping to the ground. His humming went back to a peaceful rhythm as he rested his hands on the cold window sill.

The sun was setting, the sky now an array of orange, red and purple. The cold air swept over his body, but he didn't care, wanting to look at the beauty of the sky as it changed colors.

"Hummer just shut up!" The man yelled again. The hair on the back of his neck stood on end, and he spun around, only to come face to face with the other man.

His nerves made him curl his toes as the man narrowed his brown eyes at him.

"You no longer have a wall protecting you, Hummer. Shut up before I break your precious glasses." He hissed, his lips turning up in a nasty snarl.

"Lots of bark, but little bite." The fox answers, face blank and expressionless.

His nostrils flared with anger before he's lifting his fist, powering a punch to the others face, but before his fist could meet its target, Smii7y had caught it — a little pain spreading through his palm. He clenched his other hand before sending it to the blonde, knuckles connecting with a nose as a deafening crack echoed through the cabin.

Blood streaked down the other mans face, but before he was given time to properly react, Smii7y shoved him to the floor. He pinned him, not allowing him to move before he brought down his bloodied knuckles again and again. And again.

When Smii7y's hands pulled away, and he stood, he watched the man beneath him struggle. The blondes hands were grasping at his throat as if he was being strangled, and before anyone knew it — he was still. In an unconscious state. His mouth hung open and showed his fangs — a snake hybrid.

Hummer began to dust his hands off on his pants before the door bursts open, higher ranking officials flooding into the room. Kryoz was among them, his brows creased with worry.

"What happened?" He demanded for an answer as the others took the unconscious man out of the cabin. His arms folded across his chest and his eyes narrowed.

"He tried to shut Hummer up." Nogla states, gesturing to said man, making Kyroz's eyes follow the movement.

"That true, Milk Bag?" He quizzed, voice full of authority. The other simply shrugs.

"Asshole had a big mouth." Smii7y added before his humming started up again, his hands clasping behind his back.

"Alright... head to the large brown building for dinner soon." He informs the three before exiting the cabin.

Smii7y watched the other walk away. He knew it was wrong to use his ability, the strange sense of power that had overcome him in the moment made him sick to his stomach; however, he didn't allow it to show on his face. For now, he had to get ready, for food.

The male yawned and his stomach growled, he just hoped they had better food than the slop that was given at the prison.

------------

Written by: COTwild (@cotwild)

------------

Sorry for any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

Have a good day! :)

~NES & Caps