4

After school we meet Jared and he decides to walk with us, as he just lives a few houses down from us. He walks to the left of me, and nudges me when Connor holds my right hand. Of course he'd notice.

"Sooooooooooooo..." Jared raises his eyebrows, gesturing with his eyes towards our hands as if I can't see what he's doing. "You guys are dating?"

"No," I answer, probably too quickly.

"Mhm, okay," Jared, clearly, isn't convinced. We continue walking awkwardly until Jared finally turns to go to his own house. We wave and exchange "See you tomorrow"s, and Connor and I continue walking towards our houses, slowly. Suddenly, Connor stops walking. I turn to see him smiling with a light blush blanketing his cheeks. I stare into his bluish eyes, confused.

"Evan, would you like to... go out with me?" Connor's voice cracks as he squeaks out the ending of his question. His cheeks and the tips of his ears go deep red, and from the heat I feel, I know mine do too.

"... of course," I choke on my reply. Connor lets out a breath he'd apparently been holding in a relieved sigh. Did he think I wasn't into him romantically? After holding hands with him all day? I tighten my sweaty grip on his hand, which is also sweating now, and we continue walking in silence, both grinning.

We arrive at my house and wave to each other. Connor turns and walks towards his house, while I stay standing in front of my house, looking for my keys in my pockets. Suddenly, I hear running footsteps and look up to see Connor running, closing the short distance between us. He presses his lips firmly against my own, and pulls away, grinning. His face lingers in front of mine for a few seconds before he pivots and runs back to his house, his long legs carrying him there in a matter of seconds, leaving me standing, in love, on my driveway. I finally find my keys and burst into my house blushing.

"YES!" I yell to what I think is an empty house, grinning.

"Evan?" My mom's voice startles me.

"Oh, mom, you're home," my excitement flips into anxiety and embarrassment.

"I got off early, I figured we could have dinner together later," she shrugs. "Well? Are you going to tell me what you're 'YES!'-ing about?"

"I have a boyfriend," I say, finally realizing it. My mom grins, eyebrows raised expectantly. "Connor Murphy is my boyfriend."

"Holy shit," my mom says. "Okay, one, CALLED IT, like, I mean, to myself, but I called it. And, two, excuse my language. Three, we have to celebrate! We have ice cream, mint chocolate chip, your favorite, right? Oh, and, four, I did not expect to have so many points here."

"I was actually thinking I could, uh, go to my room and do... homework," (not connor ;) - verygaylines) I say, remembering why I don't make a big deal to my mom about relationships.

"Okay, fine, do what you want. But, I'll be having ice cream," my mom starts to walk to the kitchen. "Oh, and there's ~stuff~ under the bathroom sink when you guys need it," she adds, raising her eyebrows quickly like Connor and Jared.

"Jeez, mom, we literally just started dating a few minutes ago," I turn to the stairs, blushing deeply. I sit at my desk in my room and start on my homework, occasionally glancing out the window to see Connor pacing his still almost empty room with a lollipop in his mouth. His window is open, as usual, so I open mine as well.

"Hey, Connor!" I smile as he walks over to his window. "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just... thinking," Connor kneels so his face is level with the gap in his window. "About happy things, don't worry."

"What happy things?"

"You'll see," he smiles, wAIT, did he just wink?! He rubs his eyes, and I don't know if I'm relieved that he didn't wink, or if I wanted him to wink. Evan, jeez, why do you have to confuse yourself and talk to yourself in your head? We continue chatting and flirting for awhile until we both have to go finish homework. But, by glancing over through his window I see him dancing to Britney Spears instead of working.

The next morning we meet in front of my house and walk to school together. Our hands grip each other, my head is resting on the side of his shoulder, his head resting on mine. "Hey, Ev?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you like movies?"

"I love movies, but I don't like movie theaters."

"Oh, okay." The rest of the walk is silent, but pleasant. We arrive at school and I send Connor into his first class with a quick kiss. I watch the door close behind him and his clenched fists.

"Oh, Alice," I hear faintly from inside the room as I sit on the floor in the hall.

"That's not my name," I can tell Connor is speaking quickly through gritted teeth to be able to go and hide in the back of the classroom, while I pass the 55 minutes by starting the next book in the Narnia series. Finally, Connor emerges from the room with the wave of students, I squeeze him tightly and say, "I'm not going anywhere, I'm staying right here. Don't worry, I'll be here."

"Evan?"

"Yeah?"

"Thank you, but also, do you wanna come over to my house tonight? Like a movie date without the theater. My parents have to do some sort of  parent-teacher conference thing with Zoe, so they won't be home.

"Definitely!" I feel Connor pull out of our hug grinning and blushing. "But, Connor? Homework." I realize, to which Connor replies with a laugh.

"It's Friday, silly!"

"Oh, right," I blush.

That night I walk out of my house and straight (im sorry -vgl) into Connor's. We go to his room and I look around. He now has a bed, a dresser, a desk, a gay pride flag, a trans pride flag, and other bedroom-y things, very different from when I was last here. I sit on Connor's fluffy mattress, admiring his space sheets, while he grabs his laptop.

"Soo, I was thinking we could watch The Lorax," Connor grins as he watched my eyes sparkle. We sit on his bed, leaning our shoulders against each other, our fingers and legs intertwined. Connor turns to me around the middle of the movie, so I turn to him and see his eyes flit to my lips, and I glance to his. Placing the laptop on his bedside table Connor shifts his body to face mine, and I copy. I let my hands cup his pink cheeks, our foreheads press together and Connor's hands rest of my hips. Connor closes the space between our lips. My eyes close and I move my hands to the back of his head, pulling him closer. I move onto his lap, our lips still connected. Connor kisses me with more intensity and his hands slide to the middle of my back, pulling out bodies even closer. His mouth opens slightly, and his tongue grazed my lips. I let my lips part and his tongue slips into my mouth. The feeling is weird and unfamiliar, but I love it. I'm in love with it, I'm in love with him. We part momentarily for Connor to pull my shirt off over my head. Our faces reconnect as we fumble with his jeans until they slide off, leaving me shirtless and him in boxers. We finally start kissing more forcefully, and then -