7

My chin is still rested on Connor's shoulder when I wake up. Except, now he's wearing a t-shirt and our chests are pressed against each other. I feel his breaths I know smell like caramel and lollipops waft down my back and I settle my hand into the small of his back. I breathe deeply and Connor yawns. (i yawned typing that oops - vgl)

"Hey, babe," Connor smiles sleepily, moving his lower hand from below my hip to press it against my chest.

"Hey," I yawn. Connor squirms lower under the blanket, bending his legs and replacing his hand on my chest with his forehead. He settles his hand to between my thighs, which tickles slightly because his hands are so cold. "You're cold," I point out.

"You're warming me up," Connor says, looking up at my face, I lean my face lower and kiss his forehead before hugging his body towards mine. I do smell his caramel breath and I smile. "What?" Connor giggles at my smile.

"Your breath smells like caramel," I tell him. And he just laughs, and laughs, and laughs.

~

"CAN YOU GUYS PLEASE SHUT UP IM TRYING TO DRIVE?!" I yell at Connor in the passenger seat and Alana, Zoe and Jared in the back of my car, interrupting them singing Friday by Rebecca Black. They ignore me, of course, and Connor proceeds to put the song on loop until we get to where we're going. 25 overwhelming minutes later we arrive... at the pet store. I feel like a mom as my four friends run into the shop.

We press our noses against the glass blocking us from furry friends (not jeremy i'm sorry) like hamsters and chinchillas, and goggle at snakes and fish. We adventure to the back and play with dogs for what feels like hours.

The puppies lick our faces and yap when we talk to each other and not them, and they snuggle up in our arms and we laugh.

"Where's Connor?" I ask, noticing his absence. Jared shrugs, not looking up from the puppies.

I find Connor at the exit, holding a cage.

"Meet Circus," he says, presenting a chameleon.

"You got a chameleon?" I say, baffled.

"Yep."

Suddenly Zoe waddles last, followed by Jared and Alana, who explain, "Apparently Zoe is allergic to dogs, we're taking a uber home, and you guys can meet us. Wait is that a chameleon?" They bustle out the door, not allowing Connor to answer their question.

"Surprise!" He shrugs. "Hey, can we stop at the pharmacy on the way home, I think the one near by here is the one I needed to go to," Connor asks.

"Uh, sure, what do you need?" I say.

"I'm supposed to start T today," Connor seems embarrassed.

"THAT WAS SO FAST OH MY GOSH!" I grin, making Connor smiles and blush, rubbing his hand over the back of his neck.

Connor thanks the cashier and we head for the pharmacy next door. I wait outside with Circus and soon Connor comes out with a small box, grinning.

"I have to go to the pharmacy near school to get my shot every Tuesday after school," he grins. Holding his hand in one of mine and his chameleon in the other we walk to my mom's car. After placing the cage in the back seat and buckling it so it doesn't move around, I shut the door and turn around to kiss Connor.

"I love you lots," I say, resting my head on his chest.

"I love you lots as well," Connor repeats, hugging me. "Now let's get home, so I can get a deeper voice and some acne... and show Zoe my chameleon."

We drive to Connor's house and burst in the door. "I GOT A CHAMELEON!!" Connor yells. Zoe and Jared squeal and Alana just looks sad.

"Alana?" I say.

"My chameleon died after two days when I was seven....... APRIL FOOLS," Alana laughs.

"What?" I say. "It's not April."

"She snuck into the liquor cabinet," Jared explains.

We all mostly watch as Zoe cares for Connor's chameleon, and it's adorable.

"It's so funny that she either acts like a mom or a six year old," Connor whispers to me.

"Haha, yeah," I smile at him. Connor tugs on my arms and gestures to the rectangular box on the ground next to him.

"We'll be back in a sec, we need to get something upstairs," Connor says as we stand up. Jared winks at me and I mouth back "We're not fucking," to which he raises his eyebrows unbelievingly.

I run after Connor in the bathroom to find him with his shirt already off and the box already open. He reads what to do while I watch him from my seat on the edge of the bathtub. He injects himself above his hip and puts a spider-man band aid on the spot. I leap up and hug him tightly, quickly adjusting my face to align with his.

Connor puts on his shirt and we walk downstairs.

————

two chapters in one day wtf i might start writing a bunch of chaps at once but not posting them all so i can post once a week!! also CONNOR STARTED T WOO don't just jab yourself with testosterone please if you have it, be safe ily all xx

voteee?