Chapter Five: More Classes and Changing Staircases (Year One)

"Come on guys! We have a flying lesson!" Ron shouts as he rushes us onto the pitch.
"Okay, okay Ron. Calm down!" Hermione speaks as we join the rest of the class.

"Oh great another class with them." Ron speaks with a scowl as we see the field filled with both Gryffindor and Slytherin students.
"Ron, don't be rude!" I scold as we line.

I glance down the line of students to see that the group is divided. Standing between Hermione and Lavender, our side is full of Gryffindors. Whereas, in front of me, Crabbe and Goyle smirk at us as they stand amongst their fellow Slytherins.

"Good afternoon, class." A short professor with bright yellow eyes addresses and she walks down the row of students.
"Good afternoon, Madam Hooch."
"Welcome to your first flying lesson." She speaks, seemingly impatient. "Well, what are you waiting for?" She quizzes before continuing. "Everyone step up to the left side of your broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your hand over the broom and say, 'up!'" We all follow her instructions and mimic her actions.

"Up!" I try for the second time and to my amazement I am now holding an actual broomstick.
"Addie!" Harry calls and I look over to see that he too was holding his broom.

It took a while for everyone else to get a hold of their brooms, and in the process Ron even got hit in the face, which was quite amusing.

"Now, once you've got your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end." We all mount our brooms as Madam Hooch continues. "When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment and then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle, 3...2..."

"Neville!" I scream as my hair turns green. Everyone is calling his name, as he continues to fly upwards on his broom. I don't think he knows what's happening.
"He's going to hit that wall!" Hermione gasps, and sure enough Neville flies straight into the wall.
"Help!" He calls as he heads for the tower.

"Mr. Longbottom!" Madam Hooch yells at the top of her voice. She takes out her wand at the sight of Neville being dangled off the roof of the building, only being held up their by his robes.
"Uhm, help?" He speaks just before his cloak rips and he falls to the ground. "Owowowowow!" He whines.

"Everyone out of the way!" Madam Hooch pushes through the crowd of third years. "Oh dear, it's a broken wrist. Come on now, up you get. Everyone is to keep their feet firmly on the ground while I take Mr. Longbottom to the hospital wing. Understand? If I see a single broom in the air, the one riding it will find themselves out of Hogwarts before they can say Quidditch." She warns us before leaving.

"Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he'd remember to fall on his fat ass." Draco speaks and as if instinct, I roll my eyes at his remark.
"Give it here Malfoy." Harry speaks as he stands before the blonde.
"No, I think I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find." With that he hops on his broom and soars in the air. "How about on the roof? What's the matter Potter? Bit beyond your reach?"

He has crossed the line now. Harry gets on his broom and flies to meet Draco in the air.
"I've got to help him." I say to no one in particular, as I begin to hop on my broom.
"No way! Adele you don't even know how to fly!" Hermione says in a rush.
"I'm a quick learner." I reply whilst taking to the air.

Getting on the broom is the easy part, it's steering that's the hard part. I fly up behind Draco and motion to Harry that I've got a plan.
"Give it here Malfoy or I'll knock you off your broom!" Harry warns.
"Is that so?" Harry nods slightly. "Have it your way then!" Draco went to throw the Remembrall, but I was too quick for him. I zoom past and grab the Remembrall at the same time. Everyone below us cheers.

"Addie throw it now!" I hear Harry call, so I turn my body around on the broom.
"Okay!" I throw it to him and watch as he chases the Remembrall.

"She's gonna crash!" I hear someone scream causing me to turn back around.
"Shit." I mutter under my breath, coming into contact with a wall. The impact of the collision was hard and I felt my whole body being jerked forwards.

"Addie!" I just hear Harry's voice but I squeeze my eyes shut preparing for impact, but I didn't make contact with the ground at all. Instead something or someone catches me. I opened my eyes to see Draco holding onto me whilst flying to the ground of the pitch.

"I've got you, don't worry." He says as the ends of my hair turn as pink as my cheeks.
"Draco, why are you breathing so heavily? You need to relax." I say as we get closer to the ground.
"I just." He pauses whilst a blush covers his cheeks. "It doesn't matter, you're safe Adeline."

As he places me down on the ground, everyone surrounds us. The blonde goes to move away but I catch his arm and pull him back towards me, into a tight embrace.
"Thank you." I whisper into his ear before releasing my hold on him.

"Omg Adele, that was brilliant!" Ron exclaims.
"Thanks!" I reply, my heart still beating a million miles a minute.
"Harry Potter? Adeline Dursley? Follow me please." Professor McGonagall shouts as she stands on the pitch. She has no doubt seen the whole thing and now we are going to be gone.

Harry and I follow Professor McGonagall through the halls until she stops us at a classroom.
"Wait here." McGonagall tells us, and as soon as she is out of sight I speak up.

"Harry, do you really think we'll be expelled?" I ask nervously.
"Addie, I don't know." He speaks honestly, "but you've heard of all the things Fred and George have done."
"So?" I ask.
"I think we have the odds on our side." Harry winks.

Professor McGonagall comes back out of the classroom a few minutes later with an older Gryffindor boy.
"Potter, Dursley.....This is Oliver Wood." She motions towards the boy.
"Hi." I say, confused about what is happening.

"Wood," McGonagall continues. "I've found you a seeker and a chaser!" She exclaims excitedly.
"Wait, so Professor we aren't expelled?" I ask astonished at what had just happened.
"On the contrary, you've made the Quidditch team!" She answers with an approving smile.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Ron, we just made the Quidditch team!" I squeal at Ron, as we begin our walk towards the Gryffindor Tower.
"But, first years have never made the house teams! That must mean you're..." Ron begins, only for Harry to interrupt him.
"The youngest Quidditch players of the century." He grins.

I suddenly feel an arm around my shoulder, belonging to none other than Fred Weasley. I giggle as George does the same to Harry.
"Well done Harry. You too Adeline. Wood just told us!" George speaks.
"We're on the team too. Beaters." Fred says while puffing out his chest, causing me to laugh at his appearance.
"Well I gotta go tell the others, see you in a bit." And with that I left the boys behind and headed to the Great Hall, in search for Seamus, Dean and Neville.

I finally found the boys sitting there eating Bertie Bott's.
"Hey Adeline." Dean says as he looks up.
"Hey guys, how's your wrist Neville?" I wonder curiously, considering he isn't in the hospital wing.
"Yeah, it's better now that I went to Madam Pomfrey. The guys told me about class. What did McGonagall want?" He asks with intrigue. I can have some fun with this. I put on a sad face.

"Actually that's what I wanted to talk to you guys about." I pause and look at their faces. "I'm on the Quidditch team!" I yell changing my expression.
"Oh my god! Adeline that's brilliant." Seamus speaks up with the adorable accent of his.
"We thought you got kicked out." Announced Dean.
"Nah, you wouldn't be able to get ride of me that easily" I joke around.
"Who'd want to?" Seamus jokes, making me and the ends of my hair turn pink.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Adele! Congratulations!" I hear someone squeal behind me as I make my way towards my dorm.
"Thank Hermione!" I smile as I realise that the boys are behind her. I feel the staircase beneath me rumble and I grip onto one of the walls.

All of the sudden the staircases moves and we are now face to face with a big door.
"Where to now?" Ron asks.
"Let's go this way." Harry says as he led the rest of us through the door.
"Does anyone feel like...we shouldn't be here?" I ask as an eery feeling settles around us.
"We're not supposed to be here. This is the 3rd floor. It's forbidden."