Chapter Nine: Dumbledore and Flamel (Year One)

At the end of our Quidditch match, Hermione pulled both Harry and I aside to talk to us about our jinxed brooms. She said that Professor Snape was the one who jinxed us, but of course, I don't believe her. We've been arguing on and off since then regarding Snape's motives towards us.

It's a couple of days after the Quidditch match, and yet Hermione and I are still arguing as we make our way towards Hagrid's hut.

"Hagrid, I'm telling you! It was Snape." Hermione says adamantly .
"Hermione, there is no way it was him. He wouldn't do that!" I bite back.
"How would you know Adele, you were too busy on your hijacked broom." She argues.
"To my defence, I was trying not to die!" I reply, the ends of my hair turning red with rage.

"That's enough." Hagrid butts in, cutting off our argument. "And that's nonsense Hermione. Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom. And Adeline's. I thought she was one of his favourite students."
"Thank you." I exclaim, earning a nod from our large friend.
"Who knows." Harry pipes up. "Why was he trying to get past that three headed dog on Halloween?" I glare at Harry, begging him to shut up.

"Who told you about Fluffy?" Hagrid asks.
"Fluffy?" Ron questions in shock.
"That thing has a name?" Hermione wonders.

"Well of course he's got a name. He's mine." Hagrid informs and I stare in disbelief.
"What? He's yours?" I question in annoyance. "He tried to kill us!"
"Yes, he's my uh dog." The half-giant informs. "I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I leant him to Dumbledore to guard the..."

"Yes?" Harry pushes.
"Shouldn'ta said that. Don't ask anymore questions. Top secrets that is." Hagrid rambles, his words falling off.
"But Hagrid!" I whine. This whole thing is beginning to frustrate me.

"Whatever Fluffly's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it!" Harry states.
My hair flashes red. "It. Isn't. Snape." I speak through clenched teeth.
"Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher." Hagrid defends.

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a curse when I see one. I've read about them. You have to keep eye contact and Snape wasn't blinking." Hermione continues to make her point.
"Sorry Addie, but I think Hermione is right." Harry says, giving me a sheepish look.
"How do you know he wasn't trying to stop it? How do you know that it wasn't someone else?" I question, my voice rising with every word.

"Like who Adele?" Ron questions.
"Maybe it was Quirrell." I say earning me an eye roll from Hermione, a sigh from Harry and a snort from Ron. "Well thanks guys, I'm going." I storm off, angry at my friends.

"Addie!" Harry calls from behind me.
"Just don't!" I shout back and walk towards the Gryffindor tower.

I walk into the Gryffindor Common Room and slam the portrait shut behind me.
"Woah." I hear a Scottish accent. Without responding, I move towards the stairs.
"Aj? What's wrong?" Fred asks from behind me. I turn around and look at the faces in the common room. Most of Gryffindor is here, and if they didn't know I was a Metamorphmagus they sure do now.

"Why are the ends of your hair deep red?" George asks.
"Just leave me alone. And if Harry, Ron or Hermione want me, just tell them to bugger off!" I yell as they walk through the portrait.
"Hey guys." Ron greets awkwardly as I send him a glare and stalk up to my dorm.

~~~~~~~~~~

It is now Christmas Eve night. A few days have passed since my outburst and I've made up with the guys. I ended up apologising because I felt bad lashing out on everyone.

As it inches closer and closer to midnight, I find that I'm spending more time in the Owlery. Right now, I'm writing a letter to my family, and yes, I know that might be stupid.