wishy washy

This oneshot was requested by MaddoxLove555!

~~~

Beach. Water. Sand. Sun. Hot.

Carwash.

The sand burnt (Y/N)'s bare feet as she sprinted through the soft ground, slightly hindering her speed. She needed a tap, to connect the hose she had looped around her wrist to. There wasn't too much of a rush, for the car wash only started in thirty minutes, but oh well. Any excuse to see (C/N) sooner.

Yeah, ok, FINE. She did have a thing for him. 'But so what?' She'd think, 'it's perfectly normal to be attracted to (C/N), right?'.

"Finally" (Y/N) breathed, plugging the hose into a tap. Luckily, it wasn't too far from the car wash, but unluckily, she'd have to run back. Groaning, the girl twisted the tap on, and started back for the wash.

But, as soon as she took one step, a panting figure skidded to a stop in front of her. And there was her good friend (Y/F/N), hands on knees and panting.

"You ... have .... to see ... this...." They wheezed, pulling you further away from the tap.

"See what?"

"His fineness" (Y/F/N) was referring to (Y/N)'s crush.

"Could you stop calling him that? You're going to embarrass me!" She put her hand to her head, trying to hide her blush.

"Yeah, but, he is damn fine though. Can't deny that."

They had been walking back to the car wash, hose in hand, pouring out water. (Y/N) didn't trust (Y/F/N) not to spray her if (she/he) held the hose, but then again she didn't trust herself not to spray her companion, so they settled at a median. They both had one hand of the hose, carrying it between them.

As they came to the spot, (Y/N) immediately knew why (Y/F/N) was excited enough to run to get her.

There he was, in all his glory. Shirt off, soaked, a grin plastered to his face like his wet hair.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" (C/N) said, jogging over to her, "The carwash'll start soon, can I grab the hose?"

"Uhhh, sure!" But just as (C/N) took the hose from her grasp, they both were yanked by the hose, and tumbled onto the sandy concrete. Someone had tripped over the hose 'accidentally' (*cough* (Y/F/N)'s matchmaking skills ladies and gentlemen *COUGH*), and the extended hose had pulled the two onto the gritty ground, (C/N) on top of (Y/N).

Blushing profusely, (Y/N) was struggling for breath when (C/N)'s eyes widened and he rolled off of her. Standing up, he offered her a hand.
"I am sooo sorry! I swear I didn't mean to I-" She cut him off,

"It's fine! Really! Someone just tripped over the hose, that's all." She said, shooting (Y/F/N) a glare.

Dusting herself off (and accidentally brushing a graze), she strode to open the gates to allow the first car to 'enter the arena' (as (Y/F/N) would put it- it's actually just the designated area to wash the vehicles). Then, as soon as  the black Honda Accord paused on the 'arena', classmates began their work.

Many cars had joined the arena, and we're still awaiting a wash.

"Hey, let's make a bet: If you wash the most cars, I'll buy you whatever you want for dinner. But if I wash the most cars, I can give any punishment to you." His devilish smile flashed, and though (Y/N) sensed something up, she still agreed.
As affirmation, (C/N) held out his sun-kissed hand. Hesitantly, (Y/N)'s rather burnt hand reached out and shook it.

Grinning from ear to ear, the two grabbed washing equipment and proceeded to the start line.

"On your marks,"
(C/N) and (Y/N) were both in the mood to win.

"Get set..."
(Y/N) made hand gestures, suggesting (C/N) get his wallet out now, met only with the rolling of his eyes.

"GO!"

They sprinted to the nearest cars, and furiously began to sponge on the soap.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(Y/N) had almost lost count at how many cars she'd washed and dried and was sure that with 17 or 18 cars washed, a free dinner would be coming her way (delivered by her crush; bonus!).

But, it seems like her excitement was premature. At the and of the car wash, as the sun was receding into the horizon, (C/N) sat down with (Y/N) on the edge of the pier, smirking.

The silence was thick enough to cut through, and before seven minutes (Y/N) broke.

"How many cars did you wash?" Her confidence in winning had diminished and was curious if she would actually have to do the no doubt embarrassing punishment (C/N) would set.

"More than you, you only washed 15." She suddenly stopped, recalling all of the cars.

"You were counting?" (Y/N) gulped, "I must have miscounted in my head, because I though I had 17 or 18."

"Well, if you're curious, I washed 17." He had fixed his eyes onto an invisible object on the horizon.
(Y/N) began to swing her legs back and forth over the frothing waters below.

"Since you won, what 'punishment' do you have in mind?" Her voice a mere whisper into the twilight.

This seemed to stump him. She could see his jaw working, and eyebrows furrowed, before he suddenly turned to her.

"Can I kiss you?"

♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢♢

Hallo!

It's me again!

This story was requested by the lovely person  at the top! I hope it isn't too late, but I've been working on this one off and on for a while.

Hope you enjoyed it!

~DialDiva

XOXO