Chapter 8 - Let's go out

Ancestral House

Maria POV

"Senyorito!" I heard someone shouted

I was in my art room next to the staircase, sketching. I stop and put my charcoal pen down and listen.

"Seyorito, Senyorita is having a rest and doesn't want to be disturb" that is Luz and she sounded scared and panicking at the same time, I think they are in the staircase.

"Doesn't want to be disturb, huh?" I heard a very sarcastic voice with a low evil laugh "We need to talk." the voice continued "We needed to talk about the wedding." He said in very authoritative way and I can hear the anger in his voice.

then I heard the heavy footstep coming closer to my location.

"She is not allowed to withdraw from the wedding!" I heard it as if he is telling it to me and the way he says it is very threatening.

When I stand up and face the direction of the hallway I saw his furious eyes looking at me

my knees got weak, I felt scared but I need to be strong and face him, I raise my left eyebrow to hide my nervousness "Gaston?" I said trying to sound normal

He turn his head to the sketch of Ge-an that is place on a wooden drawing stand

"Just as I thought, You wouldn't back out from the wedding for NO reason" he get my sketch with his left hand and holds it very tight in front of my face "Is this the person whom you choose to replaced me with?"

"Who is this F*cking assh0le!?" he asked but I could not answer, a little tear escape in my eyes because this is the most terrifying feeling that I have experienced in my body.

"WHO IS HE!!?" He shouted more loudly and it taken me a back

"Give that to me" I said trying to grab the drawing from him

"PACK" he slaps me hard that makes me fall into the ground. I touch my left cheek that is burning.

"Senyorita" Luz try to go to my direction to help me get up but then "PACK" she also got hit hard that made her stumble down.

I stand on my foot and as I look at him I can see how Gaston looks de-ranged with so much anger, he kicks the drawing table after slapping Luz and then turn to me again. He hold my neck then push me to sit on the chair.

"I would not let anyone take you away from me!" he said while crumpling the sketch "You would not bring shame on me" he commanded and torn the piece of paper he is holding apart.

He gave me an wicked look before going his way.

"Senyorita!" Luz run into me crying her right cheek is also burning red because of the slap that she receive  "Are you okay?" she asked concern

And all I could response is a worried look on my face.

I cry that night to sleep.

The Next Day

"He is lucky we came from different time or else I already broke all his bones because of what he did to you" Ge-an said full of compassion and care. her words relieves me and warm my heart.

"I don't think he would let me be in peace if I won't marry him" I said worrying of what else can Gaston do to me and my family. If it was Ge-an I wouldn't have a second thought to get married.