1. On Crip.

Odd numbers are for her, and even numbers are for him. Chapters with NO NUMBER is straight narration.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm hungry." I said, unlocking my phone and quickly scrolling to instagram, seeing how many likes I got on my last post. 20,000? Shit, today must be a slow day. Tone twirled his keys and looked over at me, slowing down his walking pace.

"What you wanna eat." His voice was calm and low. I looked up, trying to think.

"I don't know, I think I want- WAIT." I stopped walking, making Tone stop as well. He scrunched his eyebrows together and stopped twirling his keys. I looked around and tried to find my locker and ran to it, quickly trying to turn the lock.

16...25...9...1.

I opened my locker and quickly threw my books in, letting out a sigh of relief. Tone laughed and shook his head.

"You acted like you had some crazy shit to do cuz." He continued to twirl his keys.

"I ain't feel like holding these thick ass books." I shook my head and closed my locker slowly, hearing footsteps behind me. Tone put his keys in his pocket and walked in front of me.

"What you doing around Lee, blood." A deep voice echoed throughout the hall. I turned around to see about 10 people, girls and guys, including my big cousin, Standing in the way of the hallway behind them. I looked over at Tone, who seemed completely unfazed. I put my phone in my pocket and chuckled.

"Calm down Bwe, he cool."

"Nigga don't you mean 'Balm down, he BOOL'? See he got ya ass talking like you one of them crab ass niggas already."

I heard Tone chuckle and shook his head, leaning on the lockers behind him. I could tell he was annoyed, because they usually go crazy when somebody calls them that.

"What's so funny, crab." Bwe got closer to Tone, making me stand in the way.

"Didn't I just say he aight?" I was annoyed now. Tone seemed like such a nice guy, and here Bwe go, trying to bully around niggas and shit.

"Imma take ya word for it, buzzo." Bwe backed up off of him, and started throwing up CK (Crip Killas). "But let me find out you fucking Aaleyah over and you pull some nutty shit, on gang you're dead."

"Nigga try to even think you gon' kill me you're dEaD, and that's on YOUR life." Tone threw up BK (Blood Killas) and proceeded to put a middle finger through the blood sign in return. Tone laughed as my cousins walked away yelling SUWOOP, making him yell CLAT in return.

I sighed and rubbed my temples, pushing Tone to keep walking.

"What, you mad too?" Tone said, throwing BK in my face. I cringed a little inside.

"Imma fucking shoot you." I said, turning the C into a bowl and pretending to eat out of it. Tone laughed and threw his arm around me.

"I don't want us arguing over that shit." Tone said, pulling his keys back out of his pocket. "I don't want you to hate me."

"Oh yeah, that's right, because you making poems about peace and purple and shit." I laughed and pulled my phone back out.

"Real shit though, shit would be better if we wasn't shooting at each other. All this shit going on and we shooting at each other instead of the fuck ass police."

"Here yo black panther ass go." I laughed harder and threw my right fist up. Tone threw his right face up and laughed softly.

"Here I goooooooooo."