3. Mob Ties. Part 2

Tone grabbed my arm and got up, walking fast as hell taking me down the street. I couldn't tell what he was about to do, but I know it wasn't gonna be good. He threw his arm around me and I just stared as we walked.

"You okay?" I asked, trying to calm him down because even though he seemed calm, his body language was jittery like he was about to snap.

"This shit happens every other week, man." Tone scratched the side of his face, looking around the block. "I just ain't think Spiff would get smoked, man. Ain't no way he fucked up in a way to get his ass turnt into a fucking Picasso painting on the street like that, man."

"Was y'all close?" Tone sighed.

"His mama is my Auntie." Tone stopped walking to adjust his pants.

"My real mama gave me away to her sister when I was really young, and I never knew my father, shit... I don't even remember what she looks like. So growing up, I called Spiff's mama as mine because she was the one that raised me, but me being as fucked up and depressed as I was and am now, instead of being peaceful and artistic and shit like Spiff, I jumped in that action because I was tired of being that broke ass nigga that shares clothes with his cousin." He started walking again and pulled his keys out his pocket, beginning to swing them.

"My auntie wasn't with that shit, so she kicked me out when I was 15 because she was tired of picking me up from bookings and having 12 knock on her front door for me, so I dodged school to get work to get my own spot, that's why I'm still in that bitch." We reached his front door and he opened it, letting me in. I sat down and laid out on the couch, and he sat on the floor, leaning his back against the couch.

"The most crazy part about this is Spiff was a fucking blood."

I choked on air and froze a little bit.

"So you think a crip di-"

"Ain't no fucking crip do it. They always knew that was my cousin and it was a respect with him and us. This shit seem fishy as fuck."

I just nodded and played with my fingers. The whole situation did seem fishy as shit, but I didn't want him to do anything that fucks his life up (even more).

"So what are you gonna do?" I asked, tracing my fingers on his shoulder. He shrugged them and then turned around to me.

"My niggas handling it." He sighed and ran his finger up and down my leg, making me shiver a little. "I don't want to get myself in some shit I know that's gonna put you in danger."

My heart kind of fluttered a bit. The fact that he still cared about my well being while all this shit is going on is wild.

"Why you ain't never talk to me in school until now?" He stopped tracing my leg and moved up to my arm, making me get goosebumps. "I always wanted to talk to you, but you looked mean as shit and you always looked like you wanted to avoid me." MANNNN.

"You know my people's wasn't gonna have that shit." I said, grabbing his hand and looking at it. He laughed and got on the couch, moving me over.

"Well, why you still act like you scared of me now that we cool with each other?" His voice was low and raspy as this point, sending chills down my spine.

I opened my mouth to speak and deny it, but he quickly put his hand over it and laughed.

"Don't lie and say you don't either. I'm real good at studying body language."

Damn, this nigga trying to read me like a book. I'm shaking my head in my mind right now.

"I got a question." I asked, getting up from the couch. Tone laid all the way out on the couch and put his hands behind his head, watching me.

"Wassup baby girl?"

"Do you like me?"

Tone got tense as shit and seemed to stop breathing and just stared at me.

"Damn."

"Damn what?" I asked, scratching the nape of my neck.

"If I said yes, would you run away?" He got up and walked towards me slowly, fixing his right arm around my waist. I shook my head and traced my finger up and down his chest. I heard him chuckle lowly and sigh.

"You don't think I'm fucked up for liking ya young ass?" He asked.

I shook my head again, continuing to trace my finger. He thinks that I'm creeped out but in reality I been plotting on trying to talk to him for a while, it's just that barrier that we had between us was too thick for me to try.

"It's actually more than that." He said, rubbing his cheek.

I raised my eyebrow in confusion.

"Fuck." He whispered to himself, throwing his head down.

"Just tell me wassup Tone."

"I love you."

"I love you too?"

"Nah, I LOVE YOU. I can't stop thinking about you." His grip around my waist tightened.

The consistency of the air got real thick in that quick moment, and it seemed like the growing silence was swallowing us whole. I giggled softly and looked up from his chest, meeting him eye to eye.

"And I said I loved you too."

Tone wasted no time to pull me closer and crash his lips into mine. I kissed back, throwing my arms around his shoulders.

This feeling was something like adrenaline. A type of feeling you get when you're doing something you just know isn't right for you to be doing, but it feels too good to stop.

In a moment that felt like forever quickly came to a hault.

In a span of 30 seconds, lights seemed to burst through the front window, indicating that a car pulled up into the yard, which confused the both of us because he lived by himself. The door that was surely locked swung open and 4 masked men came in with crowbars. Tone quickly pushed me to the left so I tumbled behind a counter in the kitchen and went the other way, grabbing his piece trying to stall time. He sent one shot, quickly sending the first man down. I cocked my 38 back and quickly let off 2 shots, taking down the second one.

Now it's even between us.

I got up and chucked a nearby vase at one of their heads, sending them down screaming and clutching their face, but they weren't dead, though the crowbar flew across the floor. Tone jumped over the counter and onto the man, bashing his head against the ground. I covered his back and sent shots towards the last one's chest while he was in the motion of swinging on Tone with the weapon. Fuck that, you not rey do shit to him. I stood over him as he collapsed, finishing him off with 2 more bullets, making sure he's dead. Tone did the same with the other's can grunted, closing the door and throwing his face in his hands.

"The FUCK man." Tone started pacing and walking back to one of the bodies, snatching a mask off of him. He sat back in realization and exhaled deeply.

"These niggas really done started a war." He said, throwing the mask down. "These bitch ass bloods called war."

I rubbed my temples as one of the goon's phone rang, making me and Tone stop in our tracks. I took a peek at the phone, seeing who called, trying to get an idea of who sent them.

My heart fell to my stomach.

Missed Call (3).

Bwe

that krab Tone dead right ?? and whoever wit his ass Kan get smoked too. Kall me baxk when that shit's handled .