2. Mob Ties. Part 1

I'm in love with this girl.

I swear I'm in love with her, but I don't want to creep her out and make her feel like I'm a creep or something. The sun was starting to go down and I had her in my arms now, because she said the gunshots sounded like they was too close.

They did sound close as hell.

I held her tight and planted a kiss on her forehead, making her bury her head in my chest. She felt safe with me, and that's how it's supposed to be.

"You okay?" I asked, starting to sway back and forth. She traced her index finger up and down my chest, nodding her head.

"Yeah, I'm coo."

A smile creeped up on my face as I watched her. My phone began to ring and I didn't feel like picking it up. Fuck, why now?

I looked over at my phone and saw Yali pop up on the screen. Didn't these niggas just leave my house?

I grabbed my phone and picked it up, immediately hearing yelling in the background.

"Yo what the fuck is going on?" I said urgently into the phone, making Aaleyah jump a little. She scooted off of me as I got up and began to peek through the blinds. It was crowd of people beginning to walk down the street.

"We down the block and my brother got shot, man. He got fucking shot by them niggas and they gon' fucking die I swear to god!" Yali's voice was shaking. I never heard him sound like this.

"They shot who man? Them niggas got Sah?" I asked, pacing around the room. Aaleyah's eyes shifted towards me.

"He got shot in his stomach, but he's cool, but that's not who I'm talking about, man. You gotta get over here man, I don't wanna tell you this shit over the phone." His voice got soft. I hung up and rushed over to the table, grabbing my gun. The fuck is he talking about?

"I gotta go down the street, ma." I blurted out, unlocking the door. Aaleyah got up and walked behind me.

"I'm going." Her voice was stern. I didn't want her in the middle of that shit, but I didn't want her by herself either. I went over to the kitchen and opened the drawer, pulling out a 38. I turned back to Aaleyah, who was just staring at the pair of heat I had in my hands.

"You know what to do with this shit?" I asked, rubbing the gun against my temple. She nodded and rolled her eyes. She looked like such a good girl around school so I didn't believe that shit, but the way she grabbed the gun and placed it on her side and threw her jacket over it made me believe she was really about that shit, and I liked it.

I put my gun on my hip and tucked my shirt over, heading out the door with her following behind me. I started running towards the end of the street along with everybody else on the block, trying to reach Yali, who was on the ground yelling.

"They killed my nigga man! My fucking brother!"

"My son! My son! Everybody move the fuck out the way I need to see my son!"

That was my auntie's voice.

I started sprinting, not giving a fuck if Aaleyah was keeping up, but she was. I finally reached the end of the block and ran past the crowd of people surrounding and immediately fell to my knees next to Yali.

It was my brother, laid on the ground next to his car, which seemed like it was crashed into. His brains was fucking everywhere.

This can't be.

My auntie was on the ground, crying, cradling her son's headless body as the police began to finally pull up after 30 fucking minutes.

I sat there in shock, face as stiff as stone. Yali on the other hand, was on a mission. He got up and started pacing around, clapping his hands and hitting his head.

" NIGGAS GOTTA FUCKING DIE! Y'ALL BITCH ASS SLOBS WANT WAR? WE GON' SHOW Y'ALL WHORES WAR, AND I PUT THAT ON MY FUCKING GRAVE BITCH!"

Aaleyah came and sat down next to me, shaking her head, staring in shock. I had my hand balled up, still staring at my auntie holding what I called my little brother all my life.

"...What happened..." She asked quietly, rubbing my arm trying to comfort me.

I shook my hand and stood up, grabbing my gun from my side.

"Them niggas killed Spiff, man."