she is stupid

____

the question asked by the man was left hanging in the air.

how he managed to get into the locked basement is something she wanted to know. it's been months and she's pretty sure it's never been open before. there's no other way for him to be inside other than the door.

unless he penetrates the wall.

but it's impossible, no human can do it. she flinched as she felt the sudden heat in front of her and lifted her head to look at the man. his gaze was soft and gentle as if it's looking through her soul, she wonder if she reflects the same.

"who are you?"

her mouth was speaking, but she doesn't realised her hand that were already placed on his cheek. it was an unconscious act and she don't know why she did that. but she was more surprised at how he accepted the affection, leaning to it like it was meant to be.

tears were pooling on her eyes. she was overwhelmed with feelings. she just can't understand anything right now. she can felt his pulse, the way his heart beats, the thoughts running in his head, everything.

"j-jaehwan. kim jaehwan. you're kim jaehwan r-right?"

she whispered. she saw images of him, of them. it was as if touching him would help her to complete the puzzle. and it did. she pulled him into a hug, leaning on his chest as she cried. "god, you really can see me." she heard him say as he gave a soft kiss to her forehead.

how can she doesn't know him?

mostly because they never met. no, not even once. she never knew the existence of him. until now. but how she knew it's him, that's what she wanted to know too. there's something like a sort of thing that allowed her to see his memories. when he was born, the way he grew up and more. the thing that shocked her were the fact that she recognized the parents of him inside his memories. it's hers. the same ones that are taking care of her now and the same mom that gave birth to her.

"why mom and dad never talks about you?"

she asked as he let go, leading her to sat at the piano chair. she stared at the piano for a minute, the melody are still playing in her mind. "i wasn't even supposed to be here." she turned to him as he sighed. jaehwan leaned against the piano, eyes locked to the ceiling above. "i'm not even alive, why would they talk about someone who's dead?"

he studied his little sister's expression. it would be a very shocking matter to know she got a brother that she never knew, but it's even more shocking that she can see a soul, a ghost of his.

"i knew they tried to hide it from you. i died a few weeks before you are born so that's why they decided to leave this house. it's such a shame, i was really expecting you but death got me first." then he ran his fingers to the piano softly, "i thought that i'll teach you this after you're big enough. mom said that it'll be good since she really loves me playing this. but when i died, they wanted to get rid of this because they're afraid it'll remind them of me. but they didn't have the heart to do it as i'm still their son so they just kept it here. they even changed their first name so you won't suspect anything."

"when i heard someone opening the door after years, i was delighted. i knew it. sooner or later, they would send you here after all. it's been years but it's okay. i can't see you but i can hear your voice from down here. i laughed when you sing because it sounds really bad." he chuckled, teasing the blushing girl. who knew he would be hearing. she never really care about it as they're no one than her in the house.

"i played the piano because i wanted you to hear. i was torn, i don't really want you to come down here as i'm afraid you can't see me and become crazy but i also want you to see me because i'm the one who's crazy for not seeing you." he said, finally ending his explanation.

tears were falling again and he panicked. he didn't really know what to do about anything concerning about a girl, or a woman itself. she giggled as she saw how troubled he is and hugged him again.

"thank you, brother."

____

ugh finally after weeks, this is done. it wasn't supposed to took that much time to finish this book but i lost my inspiration and homeworks starts to pile up even at the first week of school.

i'll update the epilogue soon, can't promise when cause i don't know when too.

and wanna one gonna have their fanmeet tmr in my country i'm :))

-wannashit