Journey

Alex had enough of simply waiting around while he freezes to death; he decided to leave his old memories and life behind him and decided to start venturing into the icy hell with only Champion by his side. He wasn't prepared to leave his husband and little girl behind to fend for themselves, he was determined to get to the land which wasn't affected during the hit if the blizzard. He believed that's where his family would be so he began his long walk to find a healthy and thriving civilisation along with his family with only a dog helping.

It was his complete goal to finally find his loving family, so he and Champion ventured out into the white, cold hell of a wasteland that the city had now become. Alex knew he would have to cross another lake that would most likely be frozen over, and after his last encounter with a frozen lake he planned on being more careful and precise with every step that he would soon take. But he had a while until he had trudged through the thick layers of snow that reached his lower calf. Champion's fluffy paws sank into the ground aswell.

Alex continued to tread through the thick white hell to his salvation. Soon enough he came across the frozen lake that stretched to a slightly green horizon which was lightly touched by the snow that the blizzard had brought in. He shook as he took a large breath and slowly put his foot onto the ice of the lake. Champion panted beside him as he too, started taking steps onto the ice. As Alex slowly walked across the ice he realised that the slight bit of green scenery he saw was that of over grown grass rising through the snow.

He let out a deep sigh as the realisation hit him that there was more snow to tread through after he soon crossed the lake. He was still yet to cross the lake but he suspected that if he kept going in the direction he was headed he would soon find where all of the people were evacuated. He and Champion kept slowly making their way across the frozen lake, with little cracks here and there affecting Alex's concentration with his steps. He didn't want a repeat of what happened last time he was on top of a frozen lake.

He crept towards the land that was close in sight; with Champion by his side. The two kept slowly mar hung toward the land with hope that not much more journeying would be needed after this panicking situation the two were stuck in. Alex soon realised that show had started to fall yet again, he looked to the sky only to see more snow being laid upon his body. He quickly looked behind him only to yet again see high wind drifting in snow quickly. Another blizzard was going to hit. With his heart beating in his chest he continued.

His pace quickened while still being careful of how he was placing his feet, the look of worry was printed on to his face as he continued across the frozen lake. The land was in sight but Alex could feel the wind coming closer with every stringer breeze hitting the back of his neck, he needed to find a place to hide from the blizzard. Without hesitation Champion suddenly started running across the lake and for some reason, Alex did the same. His steps now severely cracked the ice and he felt the pressure of the ice wearing very thin.

He kept running across the lake in an attempt to stay out of the way of the blizzard; despite knowing full well that the blizzard would catch up to him and Champion. The land was close in sight and for a brief moment Alex let out a genuine smile as he kept running closer and closer. Champion was already there looking onwards at Alex as he bolted closer towards the land, he panted and even sweated as he continued running. The ice continued to crack until a large crack in the ice ran into Alex. It startled him and Champion.

In an attempt to avoid the possibility of the ice completely breaking Alex leapt onto the land and laid in the snow for all of a second before getting back up sharply and running again. The even thicker snow affected his running dearly as he looked around for shelter that could possibly help him stay safe from the blizzard. As he and Champion ran Alex had seen nothing that could aid the two in keeping safe, until Alex saw an in damaged house. He ammediately ran to the house and kicked in the lock of the door, forcing it open.

He made his way into the house and was quick to close the door behind him and he and Champion both collapsed to the floor. Alex slowly regained his breath as Champion panted heavily; Alex stroked Champion's head with a smile on his face. Champion laid his head on Alex's lap as the dog curled into a ball of fluffy fur. Alex let out a little giggle as he looked down at the only real friend he has through this, and quite possibly the last animal he might ever see again, that's not what he wanted, Champion is family now.

Alex wants nothing more but for Champion to join him, Oscar and Anne. Alex knew that Anne would adore Champion's company as much as Alex does. Despite all that Alex had been through so far, now with Champion by his side he feels cared for and protected. He rested his head against the wood of the door as he heard the blizzard begin to pass through. He tightly closed his eyes in an effort to relax for the first time in days, but he couldn't stop thinking about what might happen in the next few days to him and Champion. But he simply looked to the ceiling and hoped for the best.