Sunflower

Alright, @BumbleRumbleasked for a story based on the last chapter's superhero drabble, so here you go! Enjoy! It's like, 105% kinda heated fluff.

Connor looked out across the rooftops. There he was, leaning on a telephone pole and playing with a little sunflower, making it turn its head to follow the light flickering on his finger. His soft cooing floated through the starry air towards Connor, who had to fight down a blush. Dammit, Evan. You just had to be adorable in your secret identity, too.

"Do you think he likes me back?" Evan asked the sunflower, making it nod. "Of course he likes me back. We're dating. I'm an idiot. Okay, forget that one. Um... Do you think he'd still like me if he knew about this? My powers and the fact that I, that I go and fight people every night?" The sunflower nodded in time to his finger again. "Are you sure? Because--because this is kinda messed up when you think about it. I've been, I've been lying to him and hiding it and--"

"Hey, plant whisperer. You nearly done?" Evan jumped and spun around to face Connor, dropping the sunflower into his lap. He opened and closed his mouth like a fish. His face turned bright pink in the starlight. Or, at least the bottom half of it not covered by his mask. Connor smirked. "Nice flower. Your girlfriend give it to you?"

"N-no." Well, kind of. Connor had given it to him. No, not a girlfriend, but it would've been a lot easier for Evan to say that than explain his sexuality to the bad guy.

"No, I get it. You don't want to talk about her because you don't want me to track her down and use her to get to you. Honestly, I'm flattered you think I care that much." Evan continued stammering. Connor snatched the flower from his lap, doing his best to ignore just how tight Evan's supersuit was down there. He was really glad his mask hid his whole face. Here he was blushing over his boyfriend and getting kind of jealous of himself. When did his life get so weird?

"What--what did you want, anyway?" Evan said, tensing at the sight of Connor twirling the stem of the flower between his gloved fingers. Oh, so he was being protective. He was worried about the plant, whether because Connor had given it to him or just because he did that with plants sometimes. It was cute. Connor could work with that.

"Well," Connor tucked the sunflower into the top of his mask, balancing it against the halo atop his head, "I thought my arch nemesis would want to battle like usual, but I think I'd be okay with taking this flower and leaving you to your hero shit. See you later!" Connor turned, his wings swooping out behind him as he stalked away from Evan. He still hated that his supersuit was designed to look like an angel. Stupid suit designer who thought it would provide a cool contrast to the black spandex. She wasn't wrong, but come on. The wings didn't even work. They were just a glorified cape.

A blast of light shot by his ear before he'd made it to the edge of the roof.

"Don't fucking move." He turned to glare at Evan over his shoulder. Evan couldn't tell he was also grinning, which was probably for the best.

"Wow, Lumiere. Didn't think you'd have it in you. This girl must be real special."

"G-give it back and you can go." Evan had a whole power stance going on, his hand glowing and pointed towards Connor. His sad excuse for a supersuit - probably homemade by himself and his mother and patched in at least three different colors - clung to his body in all the right places. Blue eyes shone behind a raccoon mask, sharp with resolve. His charging energy beam sent sharp shadows across his muscles and highlighted his jawline and fuck. Connor swallowed hard and forced his voice to stay smooth and suave and he thanked whoever might listen that he pitched it down for the villain thing anyway. He wasn't sure he could talk normally past this feeling in his throat. He was also still smiling like a maniac, his face burning. Yeah, really good thing Evan couldn't see him.