Part 20

Before he could finish his sentence I said "okay then, I'm sorry that he resorted to violence but since he did not hospitalize anybody he is is safe to go am I wrong?"

He paused for a moment then said said "No, you are right but please get that brother of yours under control."

"Thank you very much." I said as I pulled max from the arm to the bus stop. "Crap, I forgot that the next freaking bus comes tomorrow." I yelled as I threw my arms up into the air. Suddenly a limousine pulled over and as the window lowered I saw cody sitting there, legs crossed. "Do you guys need a ride?" cody asked.

Max shot up " Taylor No ! we can't trust this guy."

I looked over at max "don't even talk, I can't trust you either."

I grabbed his arm and took him inside the limousine.

"You know our address right?" I asked, trying to keep my cool.

"Of course!" he said "want some wine"

"No thanks." I let out a big sigh "I don't drink." I said clenching my fist.

"Uh...oh...what did you do max?" cody asked.

"I was only trying to protect taylor..." he mumbled.

"Beating up 2 boys just cause they said id sleep with anyone is not helping max. What kind of idiot are you?" I snapped.

Coby chuckled. "I can't believe i'm still alive!"

I looked straight dead at coby and said "Not Funny."

"Geez okay okay." he said.

We arrived at our house. I thanked cody. He drove away as fast as the speed of lightning. When we walked inside, for the first time in a long time. Dad was home.

"Dad!!!" I yelled as I jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly.

"Hows my favorite daughter in the world ?" he asked as he spun me around.

"I'm awesome dad" i said

"How are you and max doing in school?" dad asked.

I looked at max. His head was down. He looked horrible, as if he was about to burst into tears.

"We are both doing good at school and not getting into trouble. " I said

I saw max's face lit up with job and excitement. He hugged dad and I really tight then whispered "thank you taylor" in my ear.

"How long will you be here? Max asked.

"2 hours I have a surgery to conduct." he said

We both sighed a droopy sigh, so did mom.

"But I got presents." he said with a smile

He gave me a book and max an art set. Max loved art. He was a very talented artist and could be famous when he was older. "I have to go to sleep bye dad." I said as I hugged him and yawned.

"Goodnight princess!" he said with a smile.