one

Luke's POV

Making my way into my English class, I saw Ashton already sat down and I tried not to smile at how cute he looked. Yes, I did fancy Ashton and that is why I sat next to him at the start of the year so that he was lumped with me for the rest of the year. He didn't seem to mind though.

This was however the only class that I actually sat near him in, he often sat behind me and for me that was unfortunate but at least I got to speak to him in this class.

He smiled at me as I sat down and it made my heart flutter slightly, he was just so beautiful and he also happened to be gay which actually worked in my favour. It's a shame he'd probably never like me.

"Hey, Luke."

"Hi."

"How was your weekend?" He asked politely.

"It was fine, didn't do much. What about you?"

"Not bad. Sucks to have English on a Monday though doesn't it? Especially with Mr Bates, he's a right bore."

I laughed but agreed, "That's very true actually."

The second bell rang signalling the start of the lesson but Mr Bates wasn't here yet. Weird, he was never late. Ashton seemed to be thinking the same thing, "Wow, sir is never late."

"I know, how weird."

Just a few seconds later, Mr Bates rushed into the classroom and said, "I'm sorry I'm late, I was a little slow at finishing my lunch." He looked me in the eyes, "Let's begin today's lesson."

Throughout the lesson, I kept glancing at Ashton because he looked really attractive when he was concentrating on something. Thankfully, he didn't seem to notice. I didn't need him thinking I was some sort of creep.

However, Mr Bates seemed to notice my not paying attention as he shouted, "Luke! Pay attention!" I snapped my head to face him and he was glaring at me, the whole class turned to look at me, including Ashton.

Mumbling a "Sorry, Sir." I looked down at my desk in embarrassment as I waited for everyone to stop looking at me, I didn't like loads of attention on me, and it made me paranoid.  Ashton kept his gaze on me though and I could feel myself heating up and I tried to cover it by turning away slightly, this probably made me look really weird.

The rest of the lesson felt awkward, I could feel Ashton's eyes on me and it was honestly very uncomfortable because I really did not like people staring at me. Once the bell rang and we were dismissed, I raced out of the classroom to my next lesson just to shed that awkward feeling I had.

Through 5th and final lesson, I didn't listen to a word my teacher said because my thoughts were just consumed with Ashton. He was mostly what I thought about, I think I practically had an obsession with him but most of time I don't even think he gave me a second glance so I think really my thoughts are maybe wasted. Oh well, a boy can dream...

When the final bell rang, I went straight to my locker and I groaned when I saw another note.

'The weekend was hard without you, I know it's only 2 days but it feels like an eternity. It's even worse when it's a school break; I grow so frustrated by the fact that I can't see you and your beautiful face. All I am left with is imaging, and although I like to image kissing you with that lip ring and how hot that would be, there is something so much more satisfying seeing you in the flesh. Especially on days like today.

You smiled a lot more today and I would like to compliment you and your amazing smile, I'd give anything to be the one who makes you smile. In truth, I think I'd give anything for you to just be mine.

I wish I could tell you my true identity but in some way it's like Cinderella, you'll know one side of me but the other I have to keep hidden for fear of rejection and how forbidden it is. That would make you the prince though, and may I say you would be a very fine prince.

But do not fear as I will reveal who I am soon, just not now. I don't think it'll be long but for now I think I will keep you on your toes and guessing.

I'll write soon my dearest Luke.

X'

After reading the note, I must admit I am slightly excited. I am going to find out who this person is. After months of not having a clue as to who it is, being told you'll find out soon is very exciting news especially when you know they're watching you and you don't seem to have a clue.

The only thing I didn't understand right now was why they thought they'd be rejected, no one else showed any interest in me so if this person would own up or they'd have just come out and said it then I most likely would have said yes. Unless it's a girl, then these whole note shenanigans would have been pointless.

Closing my locker, I made my way over to where Calum's was situated and I told him about my recently received news.

"Hey guess what?"

"What?"

"I got another note."

"Really?" Calum turned to look at me, "This person really must like you."

"Yes but they've said I'll find out who it is soon."

"Well that's somewhat good news I guess, let's just hope it's not some complete weirdo."

"Come on Cal, have some faith that I can attract normal people." I shoved him slightly, causing him to smile.

"I wouldn't class someone who sends you creepy notes as normal."

"Not all of them are creepy." I defended but he just gave me a looks as if to say, 'really?'

"Ok, it is a little creepy but I don't see you getting anything from someone telling you they like it so I'm still in a better situation romantically then you are."

"I wouldn't say getting stalked is a better situation then having no one." Calum smiled at me and I just laughed slightly.

"Well whatever the situation, at least I'll know who it is soon."

"That's very true but moving on, Michael wants us round to help him with his homework."

"You mean he wants us to play video games with him?"

Calum laughed and nodded his head, "Pretty much."

I laughed with him, "Well we better get going then."

A/N: Well, this is chapter 1. What do you think? I tried making it interesting and believe me, it took so long to write this chapter and so I'm sorry about the crappy ending. I'll try and improve the quality of the chapters, they'll get more interesting as I go along with the story.

Thanks for voting and commenting on the prologue, it did surprising and I'm hoping you like this just a much.Thanks for reading x