three

Luke's POV

It was break the next day when I went up to Michael and Calum to ask them about Ashton, "Hey guys, do you mind if Ashton hangs out with us at lunch, it's just he doesn't actually have anyone and I'd like for you to get to know him."

"That sounds cool." Calum shot me a smile and I grinned happily at the thought of my 2 best friends getting along with my maybe possibly future boyfriend. I hope.

"Great, I'll go tell him." I said before walking off to go find Ashton.

He was sitting on one of the benches in the quad when I found him and as I approached I called, "Hey Ashton." His head snapped up and when he saw it was me quickly shoved a piece of paper he'd been writing on into his books and shot me a nervous wave.

Weird.

"How are you?" I asked as I sat down.

Ashton just mumbled an, "I'm fine.", and clung onto his books where he shoved the paper. I eyed him suspiciously but didn't mention it, I didn't want to come across as nosy.

"Ok so I was thinking, do you want to hang out with me and my friends at lunch? They're really cool and I think you'd like them and they're fine with you being there."

"I'd like to." Ashton shot me a genuine smile this time and I smiled back.

"Great, I'll see you at lunch."

He smiled again and nodded before we said goodbye and I made my way to my locker for my books for 3rd lesson.

However during 3rd lesson, I didn't pay attention at all, I was too busy thinking about Ashton. Saying I was happy that he wanted to be my friend would be an understatement, I mean I know I only spoke to him because he may be the writer of these notes but I really fancied him and even though there may only be a slight possibility that he liked me, it made me happy.

Though, him being the note writer may make the situation better because I at least knew what he thought about me but currently I don't know if he sees me more than someone trying to be his friend.

Not long after the bell rang, I raced out of the classroom and to my locker to put my books away before heading to lunch but as I opened it a note fell out. I resisted the urge to groan in case Ashton was the one sending them.

'You look as beautiful as ever today Luke, I could barely take my eyes off of you when I saw you. That however is no chore; you are very easy on the eyes. Speaking of eyes, yours really are captivating; I love how they seem to stand out amongst everyone else's.

 I love your eyes.

However, writing this note I find myself unable to remember what I wanted you to know, too distracted by thoughts of you. Dirty thoughts of you.

I feel as though I should leave you there but be sure to know that I'll write soon.

Goodbye, Lukey.

X

P.S How do you like my nickname for you?'

I sighed as I finished reading the note, they seemed to be back to the creepy style they had been not long before and in a way I hope they weren't from Ashton, I didn't like the thought of him thinking about me in graphic ways but in a way I feel as though it's better him than anyone else because I at least liked him.

My desire for who I wanted 'x' to be had be conflicted and I wasn't quite sure which idea I liked best. The idea of it being Ashton did seem slightly more appealing than maybe a complete stranger thinking of me in such graphic ways. Also, the idea of Ashton watching me was less creepy than someone totally different so I guess it being Ashton did have its perks even if I didn't want him to think of me in graphic ways.

Leaving the note in my locker, I made my way to lunch and smiled when I saw Calum, Michael and Ashton already seated and chatting as if friends. Good start, I thought.

"Hi, guys." I greeted.

"Hi Luke." Calum and Michael greeted in unison.

As I was sitting down, Ashton greeted me, "Hi Lukey." I froze where I was and all 3 of the boys shot me confused looks. "You ok?" Ashton asked.

"Y-yeah, just didn't know we were ready for nicknames yet."

"Oh." Ashton blushed, "I'm sorry, I can stick to Luke if you don't like it."

"No, it's not that, I like it, just took me by surprise." I tried to lie convincingly and as quickly as possible, Ashton seemed to buy it. Calum didn't seem to sure.

"Ok, good." Ashton beamed at me and I couldn't help smile back.

Maybe Ashton was 'x'.

--------------------

A/N: So this is chapter 3, like it? I'm not overly impressed with this but I kinda like it so I'm sticking with it. Hope you don't mind.

I would like to say thanks for managing to get this 2 ratings, already, that means a lot so thank you xx