twenty-two

Luke's POV

Ashton and I were speaking to the police woman who came during the arrest of Mr Bates and she was telling us about the magnitude of the situation.

"We've actually received a few complaints from people about Mr Bates but we didn't have enough evidence at the time to suspend him from teaching, we honestly didn't think he'd go this far but despite this, we have been able to find photos of teenage boys on his computer, a lot of them are of you Luke but with that evidence and the notes along with this incident today, we have enough to be able to put Mr Bates in jail for quite a long time." The woman officer explained.

I wasn't sure how to take the news other than to feel quite relieved that I wouldn't have to see Mr Bates again and I wouldn't have to worry about him bothering me or any of his other potential victims.

Ashton squeezed my hand and when I looked at him, he had a huge grin across his face, showing how happy he was about this.

"We will need a statement from you though, in order to press charges against him for attempted rape as well as other crimes but you don't have to do that today. We'll give you time to rest up first, you must be feeling pretty drained right now, experiences like that take a lot out of people." The officer said and I merely nodded, knowing she was right because I did feel tired and just wanted to go home even if it meant dealing with my stressed out mother. Though, I couldn't really blame her.  

"I'll let you two get home, we'll be round to visit, Luke." The woman officer then left Ashton and I, Calum and Michael then joined up with us.

"Come on, lets get you home." Ashton tugged on my arm slightly and began to walk, I walked with him.

When we got out the school building, Calum and Michael departed to Michael's car but not without both of them hugging me, which I thought was quite sweet. Ashton and I then got in his car to go to my house.

The ride wasn't long but throughout it, Ashton had asked me several times if I was ok and I answered him honestly by saying that I didn't know but really, I didn't. A teacher, a person who I supposed to be able to trust, was able to touch me and kiss me on the school premises without my consent and I really didn't know how to feel about that. I mean, I obviously felt violated and disgusted but I guess I was also in a kind of shock because it's not every day that you get harassed and almost raped by a teacher.  

Once we pulled up at my house, I took a deep breath before getting out, trying to prepare myself for a worried mum, Ashton reassured me that'd it'd be fine but this is my mum, she already worries about me so I don't know how she's going to be now.

Ashton held my hand as we entered the house, showing me that he was there if things got a little too much.  

"Oh, my baby!" My mum shouted as soon as she saw me, she then wrapped her arms tightly around me.

I looked over her shoulder to see my brothers and my dad stood watching as mum practically squeezed me.

"I was so worried about you, Calum called me and said you were in trouble and then I got told that Mr Bates...touched you...Oh, I'm so sorry baby." My mum fussed and I could tell that hearing those words had upset the other 3 members of my family as well as my mum.

"Mum, it's ok, I'm alright." I said as I managed to pull myself out of her grasp.

"No, baby, it's not alright, he shouldn't have been able to do that." My mum looked angry and I knew why but I just didn't like seeing it.

"It's ok, he's been arrested and he won't be able to do anything more." I said in the hope of trying to calm her down.

"I'm still complaining to the school, he shouldn't have been able to get that close to you because the school has the duty to protect you and they haven't done that."

Deciding not to argue anymore because I knew she wouldn't back down, I nodded my head and pulled her in for a hug this time.

"I love you, Luke, you can come to me if you need me." My mum said when we pulled apart and I smiled and told her I loved her back.

My dad was next to come up to me and he gave me a hug and told me he was happy I was ok but I think he wanted to keep the mushiness down for the sake of Ashton who was stood in the corner, not involved in this whole thing. My brothers gave me quick hugs, which to some may seem little weird given the situation, but I knew they cared and that's what mattered. I knew they were happy I was ok like I would be if it was one of them, not everyone had to be like my mum to show that they cared.

"Well, Luke, you must be tired. Go to bed and Ashton can stay with you alright?" My mum spoke and I smiled when she said Ashton could stay, I really wanted him close to me tonight for obvious reasons.

"Thanks, mum." I said before kissing her cheek and then taking Ashton's hand and taking him upstairs.  

"Sorry about mum." I apologised for her when I got upstairs, thinking she'd made Ashton feel a little awkward.

"You don't need to apologise, I actually agree with her." Ashton explained and I simply nodded my head which caused Ashton to walked over to me and lift my head up by a hand on my cheek.

"I love you, Lukey."

Blushing at the nickname, I replied "I love you too."

Ashton smiled at me before pulling me in for a kiss and in that moment, I really felt happy even after the events of today and I had Ashton to thank for that.

-------------------

A/N: This whole thing is boring and the ending is shit, I don't even know what I wrote and why but this is what I've got for you guys and even though I hate it I hope you guys don't mind. I'm not sure where I'm finishing there, you might just find out when I post the epilogue because I may not know to tell you in advance but fair warning, it might be next chapter. I don't know.

Thanks for getting over 30,000 reads on this story by the way, that hasn't happened on many of my books so a massive thank you. Also thanks for over 2000 votes on this story too which is absolutely amazing by my standards. I love you all for that.

Thanks for reading x