Chapter 6

Night. A time for crime, for villains to come out of hiding and strike where it hurts. This is, again, part of the endless trouble brought by quirks.

Night has so much more crime because the heroes, the ones who promise Justice and safety, don't want to spend time in the shadows. However there are a few who do.

Eraserhead was on patrol, scouting the area for any villains or accidents, when he noticed the temperature. At first it was fine. Night was cold, everyone knows that, But then he remembered the time of year. it was the beginning of spring. It should not be this cold, not even winter was this cold.

He ruled it out as villain behaviour and began running towards the colder temperature, now he noticed the ice. It was everywhere, it covered the houses, the street, the cars and the few people still out were slipping left and right.

Where was the villain? He needed to find it fast or people could start being frozen or killed by the ice, But where was it?

He stopped to look at a child, about 7, slide onto the road with an incoming car speeding out of control. He jumped off the building he was on and used his capture gear to grab the young girl and yanked her away from the fast car. Once he landed the mother of said child came running over, which was not a good idea. She, too, slipped and landed on her face.

After making sure she was alright he set off again to find the villain. Where were they? Are there any hostages? I need to find them, I need to find... warmth? No. The villain needs to be stopped. I need to- There. The villain.

"Eraserhead, I fought it would be you." A voice rang from the street as he jumped from one roof to another.

"I have an audience set up for you" She exclaimed, radiating confidence and power. She had long, dark brown hair and a face that looked older then what it should be, her clothes were weird as she wore jean shorts and a thin shirt, as if she was hot. "however, if you don't keep me entertained then the number of audience members will go down. One by one, slowly."

Eraserhead could see 12 hostages, 3 small children, 2 teenagers, 4 women and 3 men, all of which were a slight shade of blue.

"Also, if you deactivate my quirk then these people die, my quirk allows me to take all the heat from the area around me and store it up, however i need to release it after a while. So if you deactivate it then all the heat will come out at once and incinerate these poor people."

While she spoke, Eraserhead was coming up with a plan to save the hostages safely. He couldn't find one that would work for sure. He stared at the villain, trying to find any signs of weakness on her face, but her face held only confidence and control.

Now knowing he can't chance using his quirk, just encase she was telling the truth, he tried walking towards a building to see if he could signal other heroes with the fire alarm.

Two scared cries rang out as the villain grabbed a small boy from the crowd "where are you going, i haven't even started with my fun yet. You see, I'm going to steal this pathetic little boys' body heat unless you do as i say" her eyes gleamed with amusement.

"now run along and get me all the money from the nearest bank or tonight is going to end with frozen bodies six feet under and me still having the money" she put emphasis on the 'still'. Eraserhead could not refuse, he is a teacher who deals with children, not only would everyone be devastated but he would always be reminded about it every time he walked into a classroom.

As he walked off, another cry rang out as she steppes on what appeared to be the boys' twin brother and throwing the first onto the ground next to him. That's when he saw him.