11

The difference between the mirror lives of M/n and his newly named alias, Atlas, was that in order to hide his identity effectively, he had to act completely different; be a completely different person altogether. While M/n preferred to work in the background, unnoticed, Atlas had to be a known and glory-seeking, unpredictable mystery.

So, naturally, the first thing M/n did differently was to wait for the police to arrive.

He had just knocked out a lowlife criminal who he had caught halfway through the attempted robbery of a schoolgirl— it was easy enough, as the thieving man barely recognised, if at all, that another person was present before he found himself sprawled on the pavement— courtesy of M/n's knee to his face. The victimised girl surprisingly didn't look nearly as fearful as the vigilante thought she had from the building rooftop where he had perched, eyes constantly scanning for trouble.

She was abrupt in her claim of supposed well-being, clearly trying to ward off her mystery 'savior', but he stayed with her anyway— right until the police arrived, late. Absolutely and horrendously late. M/n knew that there was technically no "late", as law enforcement wasn't particularly under the pressure of a deadline, but he also knew that there should be patrol cars in the area and it could have been too late for the schoolgirl's belongings— or even her life.

"Stop where you are!" The police car's megaphone blared the order when their car pulled up (late) at the entrance of the alley, sirens shouting and lights flashing audaciously.

M/n, or rather, Atlas, beckoned the girl to come with him and began to walk towards the vehicle as she, albeit reluctantly, grabbed his hand.

"Hands above your head!" Atlas complied, the girl copying his movement.

Both officers strode towards him, guns never faltering, and one pulled out a pair of handcuffs.

"Officers," he paused, leisurely, almost for dramatic effect, "I'm sorry for what is about to happen." His tone was smooth and deeply familiar to his ears only, as it was not the voice of M/n. No, it was the oh-so-well-practiced voice of Atlas.

When the cops glanced at each other, eyebrows raised in doubt and confusion, M/n swiftly began his act. He dropped a smoke bomb and charged forward, snatching the restraints and locking one cuff on each officers' wrist to efficiently bind them together before knocking them down.

The girl, who had seen nothing but the figure leave, asked a single question, "Who are you?"

M/n felt a wave of pride swell through him as he drew breath to speak his new title.

"Atlas."

Two weeks later, M/n woke up from a dreamless night and began his morning routine. The orphanage wasn't as quiet today, as it was reaching the end of the holiday and school would begin soon. Only four days remaining.

After receiving his breakfast, which consisted wholly of slightly burnt toast and glares, he pulled out his phone. Before he could even unlock it he noticed 7 new messages from the same person.

Green Might
M/n M/n M/n - 6:36 AM
Guess what - 6:36 AM
I passed!!! - 6:37 AM
I'm in! - 6:37 AM
Actually i barely got accepted haha - 6:41 AM
Sorry. Im really happy! - 6:42 AM
What about you? - 6:42 AM

His heart filled with joy for Izuku as he began typing.

Don't know yet →

Before M/n could hit send, Amada let out an angered howl. When he looked up from his phone at the seething girl, he noticed she was holding a crisp letter in her clenched fist, nearly crumpling it. With that detail addressed, there was also the minor issue that she was now stomping furiously towards him, Enji by her side. He half expected them to knock a table aside just to complete to dramatic display.