•Remembrance•

The familiar cowboy was just about ready to gather everyone up for a staff meeting. He had already told Slinky, Snake, Robot, and played a quick draw with Etch. He was also "jump scared" by the naive dinosaur, Rex.

Woody lied to the dinosaur about being scared, just to make his fellow friend feel better. Rex sighed and started to talk about how he thought his fearsome act was getting annoying, not noticing that the cowboy was then pulled out of the crowd by a familiar young lady.

Woody quickly stood up and noticed the beautiful toy. "Oh hi, Bo. Hi." He said quickly.

Bo looked at him and smiled. "I wanted to thank you, Woody, for saving my flock."

Woody looked down. "Oh hey, it was nothing."

Bo flashed a smirk. "What do you say I get someone else to watch the sheep tonight?"

Woody let out a small chuckle. He tried to hide his affections for Bo Peep the best he could.

"Remember," Bo Peep quickly said walking off. "I'm just a couple blocks away." And with that sentence, she was gone.

————————————————————————

It was a slow day at the Davis' household. Andy was already looking for a college to go to even though he was in his sophomore year in high school. Time has passed since he was a kid and that meant a lot of toys were given up. Toys like Wheezy, Etch— and Bo Peep.

While Andy was down stairs researching colleges and at some points playing a few games, the toys were up in his room scattered around. They were all hanging out on this gray, rainy day. Everything seemed to move slow and dreary and the toys knew why.

While they were chatting, a depressed cowboy sat up near Andy's window. He held his knees in his arms and stared out the soggy window, listening to the thunder. He held his hat in his arms, clutching it as if it was his heart. He couldn't remember the last time he felt a hug- a real hug.

Down on the floor, the red haired cowgirl, Jessie was chatting with the tough space ranger, Buzz Lightyear, along with Woody's horse, Bullseye. Jessie looked up at Woody. She frowned. "He's still up there," Jessie said while stroking Bullseye's mane. She didn't know what to do with Woody. She had never been in love like he was.

Buzz rubbed the bridge of his nose. "I think it's time we talk to him." The space ranger said sternly. "We can't just keep letting him sulk like this."

"Buzz wait," Jessie quickly grabbed Buzz's hand before he could walk away. "How do you what to say? We've never felt love like he has."

Buzz looked down. "That is true, Jess. But I know that Woody's my best friend- and I can't just leave him depressed up their." He looked at the sulking cowboy. "Sometimes— it helps to have someone just listen to your problems."

Jessie then looked back at her lone brother and nodded. Buzz then left Jessie and calmly made his way to Andy's window. He climbed up Andy's computer chair and leaped unto the desk that lay near the windowsill whom which Woody sat near.

Buzz took a deep breath and spoke. "How's the view up there, cowboy?"

Woody noticed Buzz in the reflection of the window. He hesitated then spoke. "Empty." He said. "And wet." Trying to sound funny as if he was in a good mood. Buzz knew it was fake.

"Listen Woody," Buzz made his voice clear and demanding. "You can't be hooked on this forever. It sucks, I know. But at some point you've got to let go."

That single sentence made Woody almost tear up. He knew what Buzz meant, but how could he live past yesterday, the day Andy gave up Bo Peep.

Woody laid his head in his arms. He did his best not to cry. He didn't want to be emotional in front of his best friend. Buzz knew though.

The space ranger then walked over next to Woody and without hesitation, wrapped his arms around him. Buzz didn't care if that was a girly act. He cares about his best friend.

Woody felt a little awkward, but he hugged his friend back anyway.

"Feel a little better?" Buzz asked with hope.

Woody hesitated. "Yeah,"

Buzz rolled his eyes. "It's ok to cry, you know."

Woody pulled away from him. "Toys don't cry."

Buzz chuckled and put his arm around the cowboy. "Don't fret," He said. "I bet you'll see Bo Peep again. Maybe not now, but soon."

Woody looked out the window again. "I hope so." He then looked at Buzz and gave him a pat on the back. "Thanks Buzz. I'm glad to have a friend like you."

Buzz smiled. "Same with you, cowboy. Just remember." He stood up. "Along this crazy journey we go through in life, we'll face some difficult times, but just know I'll always be here for you, pal. For infinity and beyond." And with that sentence, Buzz was gone.

Woody smiled as he watched Buzz leave. He then looked back at the window. The rain was starting to clear up.

Woody took his hat and held it where his heart would be, if he was a human. "Bo, if you can hear me," Woody looked up in the sky, gazing at a cloud that coincidently resembled a heart. "Know that I love you and miss you with all my heart. I hope you're ok. From your one and only, Woody."

The End

Sorry if this one wasn't that great. I hadn't wrote any fanfics in a while so this was kind of a warm up. But if you did enjoy it, thanks a lot!
-TSK 😸