Chapter Ten : Go For It

A/N
Dudes, this chapter is so long. Really. And so legit. This is definitely my favorite chapter (so far anyway). I hope you enjoy! (:

~

On my way to school on Monday morning, all I can think about is Friday night/Saturday morning with Dylan. The crush I have on him has grown what feels like ten times stronger since this past weekend, and I don't think it has any intentions of stopping.

Thankfully, as soon as I get to school, I have Naomi to talk to so I can think about something else, at least for a little while.

"Hey, you!", she exclaims with a large smile in the parking lot.

I smile at her, "Someone looks happy today." I stop walking and wait as she joins me at my side.

"And I have good reason to be."

"Ooh, do you care to explain?"

"Well... Adrian and I had our first date on Saturday."

"Oooooh," I nudge her with a suggestive grin. "What did y'all do?"

"We went to the movies and saw a horror movie that seemed more like a comedy than anything else," Naomi tells me with a giggle.

I laugh a little, "So, did you laugh at it?"

"Yeah! We both did, and people got mad at us so we left about halfway through."

"And what'd you do then?"

"Had a late dinner at this diner called Frugal's, like twenty minutes from here," she says with a fond smile. "It was actually really good, we were lucky to find it."

"Aw, that's good. So it sounds to me like your first date went really well?"

"Extremely! Plus, guess what he gave me!"

"A hundred dollars?"

"What? No!"

"Um, CPR?"

"Seriously, Anita?"

"Sorry. What'd he give you?"

"A kiss!", she exclaims.

"Ooh, making lots of progress I see. Was it a good first kiss?"

"Duh. It's Adrian."

"What exactly is that supposed to mean?"

"Have you seen his freaking lips?"

I scrunch up my nose, "Not really, I don't exactly look at him like that. That's just you."

Naomi shrugs, "It's hard not to stare at someone when they're that attractive."

"I totally understand."

"I'm sure you do," she gives me a sly smirk as she starts walking away. "I'll see you in English!"

In History, we actually start doing some work! But it's simply labeling major bodies of water across the United States, and everyone finishes in twenty minutes. For the remaining half hour, Mister Lofton talks about different bands from the 80's, and as soon as Cassie decides to give up even trying to listen, she turns to me.

"Halloween is this Friday," she tells me, and I nod.

"I know, people have been decorating."

"What are your plans?"

"I don't really have any. In Washington I've just passed out candy for the past two years, but I don't really have any neighbors here..."

"Good, then you can come to my party!"