Chapter Twenty-Five : Perfect Two

Admitting your love for someone, if you ask me, is one of the most amazing and uplifting things you can do. It gets even better when the person you love admits their love for you, too.

After Dylan tells me that he loves me and I tell him that I love him too, I can't stop smiling. It won't leave my face for a second, but I don't really mind. He tries to hide how happy he feels with a neutral face, but I can hear him humming very joyously which only makes me smile more.

We walk hand in hand down past the many souvenir shops back towards the park exit. I sit in the middle of a green bench with giant mickey mouse heads made of stone as armrests while my boyfriend disappears into the bathroom.

I smile at a little girl in a Tinkerbell costume trying to make people fly, until she gives up and retreats to her parents' side.

Suddenly a tall, thin man who looks to be in his mid-thirties sits on one end of my bench and grins at me, so I smile back politely. Where is the rest of his group? His family? Anyone? Not trying to judge here, but why would a thirty-something year old man be at Disneyland all alone?

"Hey," he calls in a frighteningly harsh tone. "Why are you here all alone?"

Shouldn't I be asking you that, sir?

"Oh, I'm not alone," I say with a polite smile. Always be nice to strangers, my father taught me.

"It sure looks like you are."

"My boyfriend is in the bathroom, I'm waiting for him."

"You don't have to lie to me," the man (who I'm sure by now is not exactly sober) says. "Making up lies..."

"I'm not lying!", I reply.

Seemingly right on cue, Dylan appears and quickly makes his way toward me with a look of confusion upon his adorable face. I stand up once he's within close vicinity, whereupon he takes one of my hands in his and kisses me.

I vaguely turn toward the man, "See?"

He suddenly stands up quickly and takes a step towards the pair of us which causes me to take several back in surprise. My boyfriend's grip on my hand tightens as he narrows his eyes at the drunk man.

"Hey man, I'll fight you for her," he says. When he's this close, I can smell the stench of alcohol from his breath.

"What?", we ask in unison. This guy is crazy.

"Um, we actually have to go," Dylan says as we start speed walking away.

"Come on, fight me!", he hollers after us.

"What in the world is that guy's problem?", my companion asks in a quiet tone as we rush away.

"I don't know, he's drunk! Who comes to Disneyland alone just to get drunk?!"

"Apparently that g--"

Before he's able to finish his thought, I feel someone roughly and quickly taking my hand from Dylan's. I spin around hastily with a yelp, and of course I find that it's Drunk Disney Loner who looks quite angry.

I'm not able to even think of an action, much less carry it out, before my boyfriend spins around and swings a punch right at the man's face. The man stumbles backward then onto the ground, holding his nose and groaning.

I stare down at the man, my mouth agape, then at my savior. He's hunched over facing the man with a dangerously threatening look on his face. I've never seen him this way before and it's a little bit scary but hey, it was for an entirely good and justifiable reason.

An upbeat Hawaiian song about a Roller Coaster from Lilo and Stitch starts to play through the speakers, the irony kind of causing me to laugh.

Three security officers with Mickey Mouse heads embroidered on their uniforms come rushing over and take the man. One of them turns toward myself and Dylan, who is now standing upright again and looks slightly less angry.