02 | NEW BLOOD |

edited : 7/9/2020

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

"HELLO RORY, I'M ALICE. Alice Cullen."

Alice Cullen was possibly the closest being alive to a real life pixie. She was a tiny girl with black hair cropped in a typically boyish cut, but Alice pulled the look off flawlessly. Literally. Rory couldn't see one pore or line or hint of redness on Alice's excited face. I'll have to ask her what foundation she uses, damn. The most interesting feature about Alice though, besides her short stature and perfect porcelain skin, were the pure golden irises of Alice's almond-shaped eyes. Gold contacts? Trendy...

The tiny, hyperactive teenage girl beamed at Rory. "I've been so keen to finally meet you!" The phrasing was just a tad off, enough for Rory to notice, but the melodious sound of Alice's voice thwarted further deliberation of her strangeness.

Rory looked to her three new friends whose startled expressions didn't offer any explanation. They didn't say anything to Alice, who was clearly more interested in speaking to Rory than any of the others.

"Nice to meet you, too, Alice Cullen." Rory raised her brow in interest. "How'd you know I go by Rory?" It was strange she had automatically known to call her by her nickname as everyone else had just known her name was Aurora.

Alice's smile didn't waver at Rory's suspicion, though it seemed to grow in mirth and amusement. "Call it a feeling."

Then again, none of the group had been exactly quiet and other people were obviously eavesdropping. Maybe word just got around fast in this school.

Eric was the first of the three to break free of their silence. He looked from Rory to Alice dubiously. "Oh, uh, it's okay, you don't have to take Rory to class. I was actually going to—"

"—nonsense! I have AP Spanish right now and you three will be late to Jenkins. He's not in a good mood today or so I hear," Alice said charmingly. Alice assured the three that she and Rory would be just fine. "Well, come on now, Rory. You have to meet J—" Alice paused briefly, "—Señora Cardoza, she's great!"

Rory completely missed Alice's slip as she glanced back at the others to find an array of panic due to the final bell quickly approaching. "I guess I'll see you guys later."

It was a small school. There was no doubt she'd end up in at least one of their classes before lunch.

"Ok, bye Rory..." they said, hesitantly making their way to class, albeit casting suspicious glances at Rory's new tour guide.

As Rory and Alice walked off, the trio of friends groaned in shared exasperation.

"Ugh. And the Cullens strike again," Eric groaned with a sigh. "What is it with the Cullen family and new girls?"