29 | THE SUN AND MOON |

RORY SHOULD HAVE CARED more that she was being stalked by a member of the Volturi

RORY SHOULD HAVE CARED more that she was being stalked by a member of the Volturi. Every other night since her 18th birthday, Alec made an appearance.

But for some reason, she found herself not minding the constant attention. It was a...nice change from the way her fellow interns treated her, kindly but not willing to get past Rory's walls, or the people she had left in Forks, whenever she called them, her friends and family treated her like a piece of glass after the events that had caused her to leave Forks in the first place.

Maybe Alec Volturi was a little sadistic and much too arrogant, but he was also brutally real and present. He didn't have time to play nice and he wasn't babying her.

Fortunately, Alice, Rose, an Emmett were long gone by the time he found her, sitting on the edge of her seat waiting for him to come. He was very annoyed to discover the unknown scent of vampires in her dorm room. He loomed over her, his glower clouding his angelic face, as she crossed her arms and stared at him defiantly.

"Victoria isn't alone. She travels with two other vampires. I don't know their names," Rory had managed to fib as he interrogated her.

Alec narrowed his crimson eyes. "What does she want with you?"

Rory raised her brows. "What do you want with me?"

He didn't have an answer of course.

"Touché."

Her roommate Kimiko was easily convinced to permanently move into another dorm. She didn't want to accidentally cause the Japanese girl's murder.

Alec typically stayed for any range of time he wanted, spanning for just an hour to until just before dawn. Every time, he had a question for her, whether it was about her past or humans in general. Rory quickly gathered Alec was out of the times, so to speak. He barely knew how to use his cellphone! She suspected that was another reason he kept her alive. God knows no one else could stand being in the callous, occasionally sadistic vampire's presence for longer than a second.

"The application is not working, pet, you told me the incorrect directions!" Alec scowled at the rectangular device in his left hand, his right hand clicking the LCD screen randomly as if it would get tired of his persistence and succumb to his will. He sat perfectly in her rolling chair for her desk, one ankle resting on his knee casually.

Rory glanced from the textbook she was studying about the Renaissance with a roll of her eyes. "Goddamn it, do it yourself. You're five hundred years old and you can't use a cellphone? Google it. What are you, an immortal idiot?" Rory snorted as Alec tried to download the youtube song into his music library. Surprisingly, they had similar music tastes. She was introducing him to The Arctic Monkeys.

"I'm closer to eight hundred years!" Alec snarled, his dark clothing adding to his deadly aesthetic, "What are you, a human idiot who cannot preform simple mathematics?" he sneered cruelly.