This Is Not A Chapter.

I laugh, because we run past the trees and come out the other end.

And we're so high. We're like birds, looking down on all the tiny little ants of the world, scurrying around below.

We see fire, we see death, we see smoke.

We see zombies and humans and more trees.

We see it all. We're like God up here.

But it was so sudden.

The fall was short, of course, as down the... Well, I don't know if I should call it a cliff face, it was more of a really steep hill with no grass on? But lots of trees. Anyway it was short, we rushed past branches and leaves and the sun blinded us momentarily; that was, of course, until we got a face full of dust and our arses on the rocks. We dropped, straight down, unknowing.

You know when you go to stand on a step that isn't there?

Yeah, it was like that, but damn, it was so much worse.

That girl? She practically peed herself. And screamed, a lot. 

So here we are rolling down this hill, dust clouds flying into the air, slaloming past a few trees, and I swear they actually lifted their roots through the earth just to tumble us about more on our descent. And I have SO MANY bruises. We're all alive though, that's a good thing. 

Rolling into the undergrowth as we arrived at the bottom almost felt like heaven, we were riding that hill-thing like amateur surfers, and we stood up, and we walked.

It was dark, under the canopy of branches and leaves, and as we walked we found small spotlights where the sunlight had filtered through, and the greenery wasn't so thick up above. We caught snippets of the undead, but they were too far away, and only aroused some concern in this girl.

But who is she?

Where did she come from?

Surely she must have a home, a family, or something, she didn't just appear out of nowhere. She's so innocent and pure, and she has these massive anime eyes that sparkle even in the shadowed footpath we walk on. She's makes no sound, as she studies the forest in awe; like she'd never seen one before.

She doesn't seem too young either, now I think of it, she must only be a few years younger than myself at least.

And I'm scared. What if we die now?

No, Libby, don't think of dad.. Not now.