Ramsay x Reader: Arranged Marriage

Cersei’s rage was enough to scare you. You couldn’t imagine how badly it scared your uncle. You knew she’d never hurt you but there was no guarantee she wouldn’t poison his food. You watched her scream at him, throwing plates.

    “My daughter will not marry a Bolton!” She hissed, picking up a knife from the cheese plate Tyrion was eating.

    “Mother, stop!” You shouted, rushing to grab her arm. She looked over her shoulder at you and furrowed her brows in anger.

    “Yes, please listen to her.” Tyrion spoke up from behind the table he was hidden behind. You sighed, you hated your uncle’s decision. Go live with the Boltons? The bloody Boltons? That sounded like hell. You’d rather sleep with the dogs than with them. You heard they were rude, cold and vicious.

    Worst of it all, you were going to marry the bastard Ramsay Snow. It disgusted you, he was a bastard! You were a princess! A literal princess! Not a lady, not a maid, a fucking princess! You glared at Tyrion as he stood up, holding his hands in front of him.

    “He’s not technically a Bolton-”

    “Shut up, you’re not making it any better.” You cut him off. “Why me? Why not you? Why can’t you go marry the bastard?” You sat down on the chair next to the tipped over table, defeated. Cersei was ready to throw the knife if Tyrion said anything wrong.

    “You are the only one who isn’t promised to anyone. We need allies in the north. Marcella is…” He swallowed, looking to his sister. “She’s promised to-”

    “We all know who she’s promised to. You said it right before you told me I would be marrying a bastard in the north.” You huffed. “Mother, can we go now? I don’t want to look at him anymore.”

    You spent the next few weeks packing and getting ready. Joffrey didn’t care you were leaving, Tommen cried. Marcella left before you. Sansa was kind, she pet your hair but you didn’t need her comfort. You were more angry than sad. But deep inside you were heartbroken. You were so close to your mother and father. You were the only child of Jamie and Cersei who knew Jamie was your real father.

    “I hope he’s as nasty as they say.” Joffrey said as you opened the gift from Tyrion. It was a gold necklace. You sighed and tossed it out your window. You didn’t need another bullshit gift from him.

    “Why? So you can hear the tales of him torturing the lannister bitch?” You asked, throwing away the package.

    “Dear sister, I would never!” Joffrey muttered as he looked out the window, watching the necklace fall onto the ground. “I’d just be comforted in knowing you’re in good strong hands. Not some pansy.” He seemed to take joy in you marrying someone lower than you. ‘The golden princess and the flayed bastard’ he joked.

    “I’d rather a pansy. I can take care of myself.” You sat on your chair and picked at the fresh fruit your handmaidens put out for you. “And don’t give me sexist shit about a woman needing a strong man. I’m not in the fucking mood.” You sighed and shoved a few grapes in your mouth.

    Finally you were sent off after trying not to cry as you bid your parents and siblings farewell. Everyone saw you off, Tommen cried as usual and Joffrey looked bored. Sansa gave you a speech about staying strong but you were too tired to care. Cersei told you to send her a secret message if he was horrible and you promised you would. Jamie kissed your forehead and promised to kill Ramsay if he had to.

    The ride was horribly boring but it was fun noticing the change in weather. You got to take your handmaidens and guards, thankfully. You wanted to take a little Lannister with you. It was freezing by the time you got to Winterfell, you weren’t prepared, your summer clothing was nothing but a sheer fabric.